KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by King of Worms »

These are the new Male Bretons, made from the faces Vomitaburger donated to me, I just made sure their color matches the bodies, changed the eyes a bit (I add more white to the corners of the eye so they pop more, it benefits the looks) and resized them to fit the helmets, corrected few small nuances on few faces as well...

Its almost 4k image, so u must zoom to see the faces.. I hope anyone can pick at least one he likes.. its a WIP tho!
Spoiler!
Male Bretons.jpg
Male Bretons.jpg (1.27 MiB) Viewed 947 times

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

I see Big Boss is still getting work. :lol: :lol: (#7 doll)

N_Molson

Post by N_Molson »

OK I think - I say I *think* - I can do something with Blender and a nice piece of free software called "MakeHuman". Thing is, my Blender skills are more than a bit rusted, so it will take some time.

The idea is to make a model with MakeHuman, import it into Blender (that's where hell breaks loose :?), and render it to a .png. I guess things will be easier once I'll manage to do it a couple of times.

So keep fingers crossed ! ;)

fosley

Post by fosley »

Visual Bug: The options menu shows "look around" instead of sneak. I seem to remember that you missed CNFG00I1.IMG at some point, then upscaled it. I'm guessing you grabbed it from CNFG00I0.IMG, not realizing the last option is different. Can't remember if this bug was already noted and/or fixed or not.
Spoiler!

Base:
Options Menu Original Label.jpg
Options Menu Original Label.jpg (116.13 KiB) Viewed 903 times
DREAM:
Options Menu Wrong Label.jpg
Options Menu Wrong Label.jpg (131.94 KiB) Viewed 903 times

Question: What did you use to convert the video files? I can't find anything that plays them. (Or the .FLC files.)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I corrected that bug for a upcoming rc3 version. Thanks for a report tho!

I think Ive used VLC to process the vids. It plays np on my pc..linux vids were processed by Pango on his linux system.

The vids work ok in 0.10.26 when I build the DFMOD in a 2019lts unity.

N_Molson

Post by N_Molson »

So after I thought my brain was going to melt, I finally managed to make a decent render using the process aforementionned.

The only real issue is the grey background, but I'm fairly confident I can ask blender to leave an alpha layer instead. Well, this is Blender, there are tons and tons of options and features but the interface is so cryptic...

Anyways, tell me what you think, should I continue the Male Redguard series ?

fosley

Post by fosley »

The DREAM upscales work fine in the game. I just couldn't figure out how to play them from the original Daggerfall folder. Windows Media Player and VLC both play the audio, but I get no video.

Turns out the .FLC files play just fine in all my image viewers and editors; I guess I didn't try manually running it through them. Still working out how to easily extract the frames. I was able to get VLC player to take snapshots of each frame manually, but it's having trouble getting the right frames.

fosley

Post by fosley »

In Blender 2.80:

Context: Render -> Film -> Transparent Checked.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thats quite a good result on that face 👍
Id say go on! Alpha background would help indeed. Also I would suggest lowering the gloss on the skin, but I can do that in photoshop afterwards if thats a problem to do.

I dont kniw how long it takes to make one face.. do a few, maybe a set if it goes fast.. and I will test it and give a feedback.

Thanks a lot!

N_Molson

Post by N_Molson »

OK here's the face at 2x the resolution of the default portraits, with transparent background this time and less specularity (matte skin) :

Things that could be easily improved :

- Lighting : Here we have a white lamp right behind the camera. Could be set to be more sun-like .
- Skin tone : This can be adjusted in Blender quite easily. Give me a target in RGB for precision setting.

And as a possibility, I could provide you a whole body replacement, this is quite easy as I have the whole human model, with and without underwear, no problem. The challenge would more to make it fit the default paperdoll silhouette, but I'm sure it can be done.

Also, things like Elves ears can be done, there are morphs for that.