KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks, soooo...

The color and light is good, I just reduced the lightness by 7% and it fits the body color quite ok alredy

The face you provided fits the face FACE01I0.CIF_1-0 as it also has no beard.

I had to change the hair and move the face inside the canvas to the right quite a bit and a bit down. Without the hair trim the face was too small. The haircut unfortunatelly means we lost the detailed hair at the border. But honestly it maybe looks better without it, more natural.
The final image looks like this... you can compare it to the face you send me to see the difference.
FACE01I0.CIF_1-0.png
FACE01I0.CIF_1-0.png (133.32 KiB) Viewed 908 times

But this will work. To ease it up and make it work, you should select one specific face from the set, and try to create quite similar one in the SW you use. I will than tweak other stuff so the face actually fits the paperdoll and the helmets

This is how it ended up after a haircut, darkening and moving the head around in the canvas. Id say pretty good for a 1st try.
results.jpg
results.jpg (148.92 KiB) Viewed 908 times
Source head:
FACE01I0.CIF_1-0.png
FACE01I0.CIF_1-0.png (38.04 KiB) Viewed 902 times
ABOVE you can see I made the head basically more resemble the source in proportions, shorter hair solved it.
Without the faces being similar to the source, all kind of issues arise. So try to create the faces according to source material and it will all work. And please add the source file name so I know which is which,,, simple 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, .... will do it ;)

About the bodies... I prefer to stay with the painted look. It fits the clothing and armor and weapons/shields well.
Maybe laters we can experiment with it, when heads are done, but its not a priority...
Last edited by King of Worms on Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.

N_Molson

Post by N_Molson »

Another Redguard :

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Looks like the 1st one from the set... Good.
Maybe try to make more varied facial features in between the faces like eyesbrows, different nose etc, darker pupils etc if possible.
FACE01I0.CIF_0-0.jpg
FACE01I0.CIF_0-0.jpg (78.3 KiB) Viewed 896 times
Last edited by King of Worms on Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

N_Molson

Post by N_Molson »

The issue with trying to stick with the existing faces is that the MakeHuman software has a limited bank of assets (open source so people don't get paid for it), so I can't have exactly the hairstyle or beards I want. Also 80% of the stuff is for female models ! :lol: Still should be enough for sets of 10 different faces, but I can't promise to stick to the original ones. Let's say I'll try. I could probably try to make my own assets - but it would be extremely time-consuming. The perfect solution would be something like Daz Studio, which you can use for photorealistic renders, but that's a LOT of money, and that would be overkill.

For now, if you don't mind, I prefer to focus on the "artistic" side of the process, anyway I save the models and the renders, they won't be lost. So I'll make new faces - probably 2 or 3 a day, not much more I fear - then we'll format them. Lets finish the Male Redguard series first, then we can arrange and index them.

I find the default faces a bit similar - pretty much young muscular north african people with a lot of hair -. That fits the Redguard spirit very well as they are supposed to be a warrior culture, but still it could be interesting and offer some variety to the player to have an older one with grey hair, maybe a bald one and so on, for best diversity.

Edit : Agreed for the eyes, I'll try to find darker ones.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Sure, make what is possible... try for some variety but I get it - limited assets. I can alter it laters in photoshop quite a lot. This will work as a base pretty well. Thank you :) And agreed on the rest.

N_Molson

Post by N_Molson »

Last one for today, another young athletic Redguard (2nd one of the set, maybe ?) :

I made custom darker eyes textures (-25% brightness).

I'm learning Makehuman (crash course :lol:) and there are all the sliders we need for facial features, pretty much like what you have in Fallout 4, really good stuff. 8-) And again, we could use that for 3D, it manage skeletons rigs and everything !

I'm confident people will add more and more assets over time.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

We need more beards! :lol:

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

There is this loading screen, where we pick up the saves to load, it is open to modding, has buttons like:

mainpanelbackgroundcolor
switchclassicbuttonbackgroundcolor
deletesavebuttonbackgroundcolor
cancelbuttonbackgroundcolor

and similar cool names :D

And it has added new button for renaming the save file.

Can someone tell me what is the name of that button, so I can create it?

Thank you!

This is the tab I talk about:
Spoiler!
mainpanelbackgroundcolor.png
mainpanelbackgroundcolor.png (1.8 MiB) Viewed 855 times

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

King of Worms wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:10 pm There is this loading screen, where we pick up the saves to load, it is open to modding, has buttons like:

mainpanelbackgroundcolor
switchclassicbuttonbackgroundcolor
deletesavebuttonbackgroundcolor
cancelbuttonbackgroundcolor

and similar cool names :D

And it has added new button for renaming the save file.

Can someone tell me what is the name of that button, so I can create it?

Thank you!

This is the tab I talk about:
Spoiler!
mainpanelbackgroundcolor.png
I added this feature a long time ago when i also did the same for classic UIs, but never went past the test stage on that specific window. It will probably be removed at some point.

It has now been replaced by UIWindowFactory, which provides the ability to extends windows from core game instead of only replacing background images. It can potentially be used to alter any part of the UI, like outlines, font size, colors and so on. The drawback is that you need some C# knowledge to work with it.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks,

so you say it has been replaced, but that tab is still working?

I just hope that this loading screen will continue to work...
Im aware it was somehow a temporal solution, but it works, its easy to mod and I quite frankly liked it a lot

Time will tell I guess
Spoiler!
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (281.98 KiB) Viewed 833 times