[Mod] New Locations

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Kamer

Re: [Mod] New Locations

Post by Kamer »

imsobadatnicknames wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:53 am Alright! Thank you.
The easiest ones to find should be south of Daggerfall city
Looks good to me, dude. My guess is that you accidentally messed with something in the code possibly? If not, this is a strange one.

itworks.png
itworks.png (1.06 MiB) Viewed 5564 times

imsobadatnicknames

Post by imsobadatnicknames »

Kamer wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:17 am
imsobadatnicknames wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:53 am Alright! Thank you.
The easiest ones to find should be south of Daggerfall city
Looks good to me, dude. My guess is that you accidentally messed with something in the code possibly? If not, this is a strange one.

itworks.png
Hmmmm, I haven't touched the code. Also they still look fine for me in 10.24 and I'm using the same .dfmod file in both versions.

I'd think it's a load order issue, but they still get fucked up for me even when Location Loader is the only mod I have active. I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling 10.26 then.

Anyway, thanks! Took a big weight off my chest.
Released mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/users/5141135 ... files&BH=0
Daggerfall isn't the only ridiculously intrincate fantasy world simulator with the initials DF that I make mods for: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177071.0

monobelisk

Post by monobelisk »

Kamer wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:50 am I can't get this to work. I tried with the interesting terrain mod and locations are being buried still.
Sorry for the late response.

That's odd, it worked fine for me. Perhaps that version of Interesting Terrains didn't set the sampler properties properly. The version I've attached in this post should work with the modification I suggested.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

monobelisk wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:49 am
Kamer wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:50 am I can't get this to work. I tried with the interesting terrain mod and locations are being buried still.
Sorry for the late response.

That's odd, it worked fine for me. Perhaps that version of Interesting Terrains didn't set the sampler properties properly. The version I've attached in this post should work with the modification I suggested.
It did work actually but I was using distant terrain mod thinking it was interesting terrain. distant terrain still buried everything unfortunately.

beastdrew111

Post by beastdrew111 »

when I download the location loader source I extract it then a folder pops up and it's called custom locations. my question is do I take the things out of the folder? or not because they are a .cs file.

beastdrew111

Post by beastdrew111 »

where do i put the files? :|

imsobadatnicknames

Post by imsobadatnicknames »

beastdrew111 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:39 pm where do i put the files? :|
StreamingAssets/Locations

And put locationloader.dfmod inside StreamingAssets/Mods

You don't need the source code unless you want to modify the mod's code
Released mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/users/5141135 ... files&BH=0
Daggerfall isn't the only ridiculously intrincate fantasy world simulator with the initials DF that I make mods for: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177071.0

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

I've concluded that using this mod with Travel Options using its tedious travel option causes non-stop major lagging, even after a save/reload. I did testing, one by one, with my mods and it's this mod that causes it. Real Grass did to some extent but only for a few seconds, with Location Loader, it's non-stop.

azazeil40279

Post by azazeil40279 »

hello i am new to moding i have no idea where to put the files could someone help me by explaining or bringing me to a video explaining thanks

Friendch

Post by Friendch »

Hi there !

Is this LocationLoader the same as the one featured in the World of Daggerfall mod ?
If not, are they compatible ? Wich one should I use ?
What happens if I use both files ? ( I can, since they aren’t exactly called the same. )