Idea: Less persistent enemies

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
NikitaTheTanner

Idea: Less persistent enemies

Post by NikitaTheTanner »

I am not sure if I am missing any mod/setting that already does it, but I have a bit of a problem with enemies chasing the player without any reservation - this is especially challenging out in the wilds.

A brief story: I am playing with Unleveled Mobs (which is an awesome mod by the way!) and since my character is lower level, I am trying to avoid fighting harder monsters. In dungeons, I can run away and make monsters infight (which is also pretty sweet), but if I am attacked outside by a mean foe it's pretty much a game over. Recently was attacked by a gargoyle as a level 2 character, and tried to run away - run for a few miles to the closest town, but still can't get the thing off my back. Can't kill it, can't fast travel, can't do anything - have to load a save game before the attack.

I think it would make sense for most monsters to stop chasing player after some time. Of course, they should still make their best effort, but you should still be able to just outrun them and be able to travel again. There are quests where you're being chased though, so I'm not sure if such a mod would be possible without breaking the intended gameplay mechanics, but it would be great to be able to escape from the more difficult fights.

Let me know if I'm missing something and it is actually possible to escape, or if loading is the only available option in such scenario. If it is, I think this is something that should be addressed in a mod.

yabay

Re: Idea: Less persistent enemies

Post by yabay »

Last edited by yabay on Sat May 29, 2021 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NikitaTheTanner

Re: Idea: Less persistent enemies

Post by NikitaTheTanner »

I thought this was the case, but either something is bugged or my mods change the speed of monsters too much - I just couldn't run from it, even though I've kept running for miles on end, and at times couldn't see the gargoyle, it still managed to catch up.