[MOD]Ambidexterity Module (Shield Module Branch)

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
l3lessed

Re: [MOD]Ambidexterity Module (Shield Module Branch)

Post by l3lessed »

There is no reason they should be getting assaulted. and by assaulted, you mean when you walk by it acts as if you attacked them?
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Just did a play test on my end in a village. No issues. Attacked the air, tried different setups, used parry, and was able to interact with villagers normally still. No difference for me.

Must be another mod. If another mod touches the FPSweapons or WeaponManager CS files, it probably will break or have tons of bugs. If you find a mod with a patch need, let me know. For sure physical combat overhaul needs a patch and so does hardfall, since they touch the same formula helper object as my mod.

Can't find the mod your referencing. Can you link it?

smokync

Post by smokync »

Nice mod ! tried the beta version qnd here's some bugs I encountered

Weapon freeze on Backstab

Strike Two handed weapon with one hand

With "weapon in left hand" setting weapons sometimes don't equip

Incompatible with DREAM HANDHELD.

I can't wait for your combat overhaul mod to release !

Keep up the good work !

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Thanks for the testing. Some of those are not bugs, but design decisions that I'll add mod settings to set.

However, thank you for finding the backstab bug. I will dig into the backstab code.

The two handed weapon being one handed is a design choice. There were two handed weapons that could also be used one handed and were in sword fighting. I made a choice myself that the broadsword (which is supposed to mimic a real arming/bastard sword) could be used two handed or one handed. However, I could make it so, if you don't have a second weapon equipped, it hides the hand, and has you wield two handed. And then just add a small damage reduction to using it one handed vs two handed.

Also, as explained above, two handed weapons cannot be equipped in your offhand. Why would anyone fight in an offhand/unbalanced/untrained stance position in a live or die fights? I will try and put in a setting to enable two-handed stance change like original though.

DREAM HANDHELDS - thats the HD Sprite remake? Can you link me the mod.

Sumtheparts

Post by Sumtheparts »

I have been lurking on the forms for a while now but this mod has got me excited enough to actually sigh up to the forms!

After some testing in 0.10.27 I have only come across two things, the first being the incompatibility with the D.R.E.A.M handheld package that was mentioned before by smokync. The second thing I ran in to was the inability to attack villagers and guards, I ran daggerfall with all the other mods disabled (other than quest packs, but I don't think they should have any effect ) and it still happened. Is it possible that this is intended behaviour? If so I don't disagree with it i just feel it might remove some role-play opportunity.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Thanks for catching that bug.

That is a accidently side affect of curing a previous bug. The weapons would freeze if you hit a billboard vendor. Apparently the fix also touched guards and villagers. Will add it to the bugs list.
Last edited by l3lessed on Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

NikitaTheTanner

Post by NikitaTheTanner »

Regarding me, speaking about the villagers being attacked - apparently I've ran them over on my horse... Not sure which mod does it, but I didn't notice it before, so I thought it might be a bug, but no, it's a feature of another mod. Today, I'll be testing this mod instead :D

smokync

Post by smokync »

HI thank you for the answer and explanations

DREAM Handheld is a module from the DREAM package

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1168

Can't wait to see the smooth animations in this mod !

imsobadatnicknames

Post by imsobadatnicknames »

NikitaTheTanner wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:14 pm Regarding me, speaking about the villagers being attacked - apparently I've ran them over on my horse... Not sure which mod does it, but I didn't notice it before, so I thought it might be a bug, but no, it's a feature of another mod. Today, I'll be testing this mod instead :D
The ability to run enemies and villagers over with your horse is added by Roleplay and Realism.
Released mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/users/5141135 ... files&BH=0
Daggerfall isn't the only ridiculously intrincate fantasy world simulator with the initials DF that I make mods for: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177071.0

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Can I get a verification of the reported backstab bug? I cannot replicate it on my build. I get enemies fighting each other, come up behind them, and attack their back multiple times, and it works just fine. I can even rest and see the skill increase, so I know it is being used just fine.

Do you have any other mods that may affect backstabbing?