[Mod]: Inventory Filter

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Lokkrin Zhataros

Re: [Mod]: Inventory Filter

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

Asesino wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:47 pm
Regnier wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:05 am This mod made Level up adjuster not work for me

FYI
Hi Regnier, There should be no conflict between this mod and level up adjuster. Are you sure you didn't install another mod along with this mod? I will double check the code for level up adjuster but I really doubt that, that code would extend the inventory and trade windows which is all that this mod does.

As a quick check, please disable my mod and see if level up adjuster starts working again.

thanks
a
Hi Asesino. It does indeed interfere with LevelUp Adjuster somehow. The Inventory Filter is the only mod I have to disable to allow the LevelUp mod to function properly.

Asesino

Post by Asesino »

Lokkrin Zhataros wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:21 pm
Asesino wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:47 pm
Regnier wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:05 am This mod made Level up adjuster not work for me

FYI
Hi Regnier, There should be no conflict between this mod and level up adjuster. Are you sure you didn't install another mod along with this mod? I will double check the code for level up adjuster but I really doubt that, that code would extend the inventory and trade windows which is all that this mod does.

As a quick check, please disable my mod and see if level up adjuster starts working again.

thanks
a
Hi Asesino. It does indeed interfere with LevelUp Adjuster somehow. The Inventory Filter is the only mod I have to disable to allow the LevelUp mod to function properly.
Thanks for confirming for me Regnier. I will take a look at the code blocks and try to understand the conflict.
Thanks
A

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

You should check that it's not simply caused by the error with the DFU mod compiler. Try building your mod for 0.10.27 using the new pre-compiler method and see if that makes the error stop.

Other than that, only thing I can think of is that you're overriding some window which then doesn't call the formulahelper.cs methods that my mod overrides.

Asesino

Post by Asesino »

Regnier wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:05 am

Thanks for confirming for me Regnier. I will take a look at the code blocks and try to understand the conflict.
Thanks
A
Hi Regnier, I compared the source code for level up adjuster and for inventory filter. There is nothing in the code to overlap or conflict.

To see if I can reproduce, I set up a clean game directory with only the two mods installed, I set up level up adjuster to min and max 9 and increase attributes above 100.

I then created a custom class with max strength, and set ease of leveling to the lowest i can get it. I then did a run through in the first dungeon. Everything worked fine, I got promoted while still in the dungeon, and i received 9 attribute points which i used to increase strength to 104.

The filter also worked as advertised.

I think that there is another conflict at play, can you send me your mod list and a save game showing where the level up doesn't work so we can research further.
Ralzar wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:54 pm You should check that it's not simply caused by the error with the DFU mod compiler. Try building your mod for 0.10.27 using the new pre-compiler method and see if that makes the error stop.

Other than that, only thing I can think of is that you're overriding some window which then doesn't call the formulahelper.cs methods that my mod overrides.
Thanks Ralzar. I wasn't able to reproduce the issue (see above) so I am really at a loss. Hopefully, if I can get a save file, i can research further.

thanks
a

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

Asesino wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:27 pm

This wasnt me btw

Asesino

Post by Asesino »

Regnier wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:11 am
Asesino wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:27 pm

This wasnt me btw
Oops, sorry about that Regnier. Lokkrin, not sure how I attached your message to Regnier but my ask is the same, please send me your save and list of mods so that i can research. I have been unsuccessful in reproducing the issue you describe.

Thanks
A

agris

Post by agris »

I've been using this mod for a while, it's good. The only issue that comes up is that when entering text for the filter, hotkeys can be activated. Specifically, I have "i" set as my inventory hotkey. If I'm filtering items in my inventory (not in shopkeeper's interface), and I type "i", the inventory closes.

This doesn't happen in other variants of the inventory, such as the shopkeeper's interface, presumably because the inventory hotkey is not capable of closing the shopkeep inventory window.

Asesino

Post by Asesino »

agris wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:18 pm I've been using this mod for a while, it's good. The only issue that comes up is that when entering text for the filter, hotkeys can be activated. Specifically, I have "i" set as my inventory hotkey. If I'm filtering items in my inventory (not in shopkeeper's interface), and I type "i", the inventory closes.

This doesn't happen in other variants of the inventory, such as the shopkeeper's interface, presumably because the inventory hotkey is not capable of closing the shopkeep inventory window.
hi @agris,
Thank you for the bug report. I took a look at the code; I see where this is occuring, but it may require a change to DFU. I’ll ask the dev team to make sure I am looking at this correctly.

Thanks
A

Asesino

Post by Asesino »

agris wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:18 pm I've been using this mod for a while, it's good. The only issue that comes up is that when entering text for the filter, hotkeys can be activated. Specifically, I have "i" set as my inventory hotkey. If I'm filtering items in my inventory (not in shopkeeper's interface), and I type "i", the inventory closes.

Hi @agris. The necessary fix in DFU was incorporated into the 0.11.2 Beta release. Please upgrade to that release, and then update to my latest inventory filter mod (version 1.5) which should fix your problem.

thanks
Asesino

thebunnyrules

Post by thebunnyrules »

Hi, I'd like to integrate inventory filtering into some other mods that modify inventory. Would it be possible to have the source code of Inventory Filter? You'd be credited for your work.