[MOD]Ambidexterity Module (Shield Module Branch)

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
l3lessed

Re: [MOD]Ambidexterity Module (Shield Module Branch)

Post by l3lessed »

Let me check on that.

Uploaded new version.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

I did not find that specific bug myself on a play test. I could equip, unequip, and hide weapons with or without attacking on a fresh load.

Also, spent an hour or two this morning working on cleaning up/improving my animation system for weapons. I'll eventually update the shield script to use this system along with the HD shield sprites provided.

Until then, I used it to improve the parry animations to look less robotic and a little more natural. Here is the github comments to explain the changes.

Big back end changes to the animation system, as I rebuild the way my scripts handle coroutines. This starts with a whole new class object I found from another script creator and repurposed.
  • Added Task object script. This object will load coroutines then allow for manipulation and monitoring. Really nice for my animation needs, but great tool in general. This is the Task.cs script that was added to the repo last night. Feel free to use it for your own mods.
  • Complete rebuild animation object for both weapon scripts. This was to allow lerping manipulation to create graph curving effects over time, like easing in and out or smooth stepping. This allows more natural like animations.
  • Updated parry animation to use a smooth step lerping. This will speed up and slow it down creating more natural movements.
  • Fixed offhand weapon parry animation still glitching on succesful parry. Result of object naming oversight.
At this point, I think the module is in stable state and completely vanilla compatible. :D :D :D

It also seems compatible with most mods, outside "physical armor and weapons overhaul" and "hardfall", as I need to patch their CalculateAttackDamage formula objects. If you find a mod causing the weapon equip bug, let me know.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

l3lessed wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:40 pm I did not find that specific bug myself on a play test. I could equip, unequip, and hide weapons with or without attacking on a fresh load.

Also, spent an hour or two this morning working on cleaning up/improving my animation system for weapons. I'll eventually update the shield script to use this system along with the HD shield sprites provided.

Until then, I used it to improve the parry animations to look less robotic and a little more natural. Here is the github comments to explain the changes.

Big back end changes to the animation system, as I rebuild the way my scripts handle coroutines. This starts with a whole new class object I found from another script creator and repurposed.
  • Added Task object script. This object will load coroutines then allow for manipulation and monitoring. Really nice for my animation needs, but great tool in general. This is the Task.cs script that was added to the repo last night. Feel free to use it for your own mods.
  • Complete rebuild animation object for both weapon scripts. This was to allow lerping manipulation to create graph curving effects over time, like easing in and out or smooth stepping. This allows more natural like animations.
  • Updated parry animation to use a smooth step lerping. This will speed up and slow it down creating more natural movements.
  • Fixed offhand weapon parry animation still glitching on succesful parry. Result of object naming oversight.
At this point, I think the module is in stable state and completely vanilla compatible. :D :D :D

It also seems compatible with most mods, outside "physical armor and weapons overhaul" and "hardfall", as I need to patch their CalculateAttackDamage formula objects. If you find a mod causing the weapon equip bug, let me know.
Cool, maybe I'll go thru the mod, I'm kinda lazy like that..
Did you check out the dream handheld thing ?
Just curious..
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Midknightprince

The new one stopped working and I deleted the last DL :shock:
I tried in with no mods, and a new game I even tried every dfmod file in the zip :D ....still doesn't work.
I will check it tomorrow I hope you just forgot to tick something when you built it..

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Odd, I am getting a lock file error on my github. Let me fix whatever is happening.

Midknightprince

l3lessed wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:13 am Odd, I am getting a lock file error on my github. Let me fix whatever is happening.
SWEET !

I'm thinking this needs to be integrated into vanilla dfu it's so good: under the enhancements yes, but integrated..
Daggerfall ALWAYS needed this, "if" interkarma tried it I think he would agree...but don't quote me on that :D

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Okay fixed. Should be fine, as I just tested it on my base DFUnity game.

And, again, thanks for the kind words.

Midknightprince

Works..
Active mods list for future ref:
Airships
Ambitex
Archaeologists
Autosave
Basicmagicregen
Basicroads
Better ambience
Birds
Climates
Skyshards
Decorator
DragonASMR
Dream (handheld didn't work though unless you have fixed it)
Hand painted
Harvestable crops
Horizontal FOV
Improved interior lighting
Locations loader
Mountains and hills
Post Proc
Real grass
Realistic wagon
Roleplay realism + items
All work, only thing is Ambedex goes before roleplay realism in the load order like you suggested..

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

So glad to hear that. I really tried to keep as much intact as possible and carry states back to the classic base scripts for safety/compatibility; glad to hear it seems to be paying off.

Midknightprince

Hey see if you can duplicate this: accidentally started last night with the physical weapons enabled, when you successfully Parry with it on it messes up the animation and the Perry weapon Loops the animation or something.

If you can't duplicate I'll go through the mods.