[MOD]Ambidexterity Module (Shield Module Branch)

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
l3lessed

Re: [MOD]Ambidexterity Module (Shield Module Branch)

Post by l3lessed »

Yep, it is there. A result of redoing my animation routine. I'll slam the fix out today, and then I'll also add directional attacking using movement keys, so physical weapons are a little more useful.

Also, I moved all code, outside the shield script, into proper OOP language format. This will provide all the benefits of OOP as the mod develops further and other modders want to develop off of it. I'll move the shield script into OOP too today.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Directional attacking sounds fun can't wait to try it..

Is the Dodge mod functional ?
I'd like to give that a go next if it is..
Check out my YouTube Channel!

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Okay, bug is smashed. Thanks for finding that. Forced me to finish cleaning up the animation routine and how it works anyways.

I'll see if I can get directional attacking in real quick before I call it a day on coding for this.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Dodge Module is functional. I recommend grabbing it from the nexus page itself. All my mods, other than this one are on nexus, including my very first mod I updated a few months ago, Outfit Manager.

https://www.nexusmods.com/users/myaccount?tab=files

Midknightprince

I'm in no rush, take your time.
I think I'm going to watch Bigfoot shows all day :D

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

I pushed the fix a little bit ago.
Last edited by l3lessed on Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Midknightprince

Oh man I really dig the dual wield lycanthropy, everything is functional
Thank you man it's really good

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Pushed another update. From the github comments.
  • Added SetMelee and SetWeapon bool objects to handle equipping items or melee weapons to weapon script objects. Cleans up code and makes debugging easier. Will return true if it equips set weapon to set weapon script object successfully. Also, will expand to allow modders to override equipped weapons and use it to equip what they want using the objects.
  • AttackState() object was accidently returning idle attack state (0). Fixed this so attack state always returns proper attack state number based on current weapon state of each weapon script object.
  • Fixed attack parries so they work again on second hit frame on enemy attack. Now you can do attack parries again. Still very hard to pull off, as both you and the npc have to hit at the same time and it has to be on your second frame/hit frame.
  • Tied primer attack float value to code, which enables the primerAttack setting to control weapon attack delays. In mod settings, you can now set how long you want you first attack to take before the swing/animation actually begins. If you time subsequent attacks correctly, you can always bypass this wind up timer to combo attacks without pausing the timer frame. default is .16f, or 1 frame to match it as close to classic feel as possible, but still give a parry window. My personal taste is set to .3, which is about 2 frames. I plan improving how the input que system works.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Found myself working on this again. Added one more quick feature I'm calling Dynamic hands. Will add it as togglable setting to allow classic feel option too.

Explanation from Github comments:
  • Non-attacking hand will now animate when attacking to mimic natural body movements during attacking. Will improve animation, but for now moves the hand down and up in a natural smooth step lerping motion. May add animations for each attack type to make it feel more natural and cleaner.
  • Works with both classic and smooth animations, up to you what look you want.
  • Plan to add this to attacking priming too. Weapons will quickly lower as the primer attack timer window counts down, and then attack animation will play to mimic natural wind up of an attack.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Was up with tons of leg pain from my ankle healing and decided to work on this more to distract me, which led to this large update drop.

I've rebuilt the mouse tracking objects and used it to put back in classic drag mouse.

I also used it to build a more modern look direction attack system, similar to Mordhau if you have played it. I also added a movement attack system.

I'll add more detailed documentation to the front post at some point today. For now, my github comments will suffice.
  • Added back in mouse tracker objects and rebuilt classic mouse drag system for hardcore classic users.
  • Added an attackController object. This controls what attack state is activated.
  • Movement based attacking is added. Does not allows Down-Left or Down-Right Attacks, since there is only four move directions.
  • Look based directional attack is in and works with movement based attacking too. This is similar to Mordhau. Look the direction you wish to swing and an indicator will appear showing when you are ready to attack that way. Indicator and look direction sensitivity are changable in mod settings. Also, there is a toggle button for indicator. I'll probably tune this up, add more indicator colors and maybe another style or two at some point.
  • If move attack is selected with look attack, move attack will take priority, if you are moving. If you are standing still, look dir attack takes priority

Please play and try out the new modes, especially the look direction attack mode. I may change how it works. Right now, it attacks the same direction you look; I may switch it to where you attack the opposite way you look because this is closer to real life. Aka, you move the opposite direction of your attack some before executing it to get better footing, momentum, and leverage.