Skill training to 100

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Madae

Skill training to 100

Post by Madae »

Morrowind actually removed this cap and lets you train to 100, so I'd like to see it come to Daggerfall. As a suggestion for an enhancement option maybe, I'm thinking once your skill hits 50 from training at a trainer, it should double in cost from 51-100 just to provide a legitimate money sink. I think it's very easy to make a character that can't cope after the level 10+ power spike, so it would make it easier on players that need to catch up somehow.

Madae

Re: Skill training to 100

Post by Madae »

Also, slightly related, but I've been playing a weird character lately, based on a "Linguist" build I read about many years ago. It's no secret language skills aren't all that useful in the base game, but it's interesting to play a character that does this, but focuses on other skills instead. The character I made was right on the threshold of .3 and red leveling difficulty in the creator, so most of my skills level very quickly, but the language skills rarely ever skill up even at this stage. In effect, I basically choose when I want to level up by visiting a trainer. But, now I have 51 in streetwise from training at a trainer, and now since I can no longer use the trainer, I need to actually level up these skills "normally" if I want to get past level 11 (since all my other skills that are relevant are also at 51). I went to small villages and got peasants to easily map out the entire town for me, but it took 3 villages of doing this for streetwise to go up a single point... which brings me to the OP... either these skills have something wrong with them where the game doesn't assign the proper leveling value even at a .3 and it still takes forever, or the value for speaking to people isn't high enough and they level too slow. In comparison, at 51, I can waste my magicka bar and easily get a skill up for a spell school. The time invested versus what you're rewarded doesn't add up. I can't imagine what it's like trying to level the language skills at a 3.0 difficulty - normal combat skills and the like already take a great deal of time. It almost feels like the 3.0 value is applied to the language skills even if you have a .3.

ushadevlin

Re: Skill training to 100

Post by ushadevlin »

Yep, it might well.