KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Izendel

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by Izendel »

King of Worms wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:20 am Found em :)
Thanks! What is wrong with that roof texture? Why it is low res?
Desert Coven.jpg
Desert Coven.jpg (1.18 MiB) Viewed 1411 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Izendel wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:28 am
King of Worms wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:20 am Found em :)
Thanks! What is wrong with that roof texture? Why it is low res?

Desert Coven.jpg
It takes the texture from terrain... and reverts to vanilla. Its basically a modding bug. I need to report it (them - there are more)

EDIT: REPORTED HERE http://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic. ... 146554a08b

Your sprite looks nice 😊
Last edited by King of Worms on Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

1) Ive created unique version of Mages guild interior for Jungle regions, previously it shared assets with other mages guilds.
2) Ive remade the bottom texts at the spellbook, so its fits better with the style and I quite like it, the old version looks atrocious compared to this new one.
3) Ive remade the spell effects, the old ones no longer fit the new style of DREAM graphics, these new ones look nice in movement and are based on vanilla.

Ive also improved lots of textures all around the game but I can post just 3 images here, so maybe laters..
Spoiler!
Jungle.jpg
Jungle.jpg (458 KiB) Viewed 1276 times
Spellbook.jpg
Spellbook.jpg (353.84 KiB) Viewed 1276 times
Spells.jpg
Spells.jpg (318.19 KiB) Viewed 1276 times

Thomas_Eric

Post by Thomas_Eric »

King of Worms wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:50 pm Hi, welcome back :)

So 1st about the tabs. I have empty tabs and the tabs with texts. Thing is, the empty tabs are quite old and I have worked on the filled-in tabs quite a lot since than. So the best option would be, if you can remove the texts from the latest version of the tabs and replace it with the texts of your choice :X Also, the font which you will find in the PSD projects... I have changed the colors, did not like the yellow. But the change of colors was done afterwards, after the yellow texts were exported baked in the tabs... so maybe change the colors of that font and save it as your own font or something :D dunno... just wanted to warn you that the font colors are outdated. But you can create/find your own font ofc, completely up to you

I can send you everything - filled and empty - and let you decide. The changes made were mostly about the brightness, and cleaning of some issues etc. I will prepare the package with everything and send it your way today in a PM. It will include all tabs with any text, and all empty tabs and support files I have on my HDD, at least partially sorted so its not a complete mess.

About the photoshop work besides this... do you use DREAM, or have you seen it running? Maybe you have some ideas of what you would like to have improved? My number one priority which needs to be done and most likely outsourced is the faces... the thing I wrote at reddit. Rest is mostly done. Or too complicated to outsource :X But if you have some idea, let me know
Apologies for the late reply, I didn't receive it on my email for some reason... So yeah, I've used D.R.E.A.M, and I have a couple of ideas. I think the displacement/normal map and general parallax could use a bit of improvement, if you need someone to take a crack at it :D
I am alive and back!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi, no worries.. just the download links expired, but I will recreate the package and upload it again no problem.

Can u work in unity? If yes, I can export Unity package of materials. Thats the textures with normal/height/emission etc maps. Maybe you can improve on it

Thomas_Eric

Post by Thomas_Eric »

I can work with unity. Feel free to send me the unity package of materials as well!
I am alive and back!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi, thanks for offer. Im uploading the package now and will share it in a PM in few hours when its done. My upload is in the early 90s levels :X

Izendel

Post by Izendel »

Cozy tavern with fireplace and great musicians! )
Spoiler!
Cosy Tavern.jpg
Cosy Tavern.jpg (1.18 MiB) Viewed 1044 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

You did great job on the lady! Thank you

EDIT:
Updated the credits here and on Nexus, its quite hard to keep track of everything :X And to sync it on nexus with forums here. If I forgot anything or anyone pls let me know :)
Spoiler!
Various contributions
Fosley
Provided me with 170 assorted save files to help me test every possible character within a paperdoll system.
Parchment background files for the pop-up tabs (SPOP) - I was never able to do that, thanks!
Quite extensive bug reports.

Joshcamas
Created a script which allows paperdoll backgrounds to have a day/night/weather/location variants if provided

Artists
Izendel
163 portraits were corrected/updated
Corrected eyes of NPC 184_4
New HD flute playing lady in 2 variants
New Coven Witch guard lady 179_4
Corrected Redguard 182_57/357_10
Improved the looks of "turning-head blue lady" 357
New animated Hircine Daedra sprites (based on PhobosA art) 175_3
New animated Daedra (based on PhobosA art) 175_9
New animated Mage Lady 177_3

Merlkir
2 detailed nord male faces for paperdoll

N_Molson
Created faces of male Redguards which I transplanted to my paperdoll heads

Fosley
1 Redguard head
Also, Izendel, nice work on the portraits. How did you smooth the skin on the ladies in hoods?
The only portrait I dont like is FACES.CIF_19-0 queen. The nose has some sharp dark section at the tip and the chin has some unnatural part at the bottom after removal of that yellow reflection (which I somehow liked) - so I will use the original here, unless you decide to work on her some more.

Izendel

Post by Izendel »

King of Worms wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:16 pm Also, Izendel, nice work on the portraits. How did you smooth the skin on the ladies in hoods?
The only portrait I dont like is FACES.CIF_19-0 queen. The nose has some sharp dark section at the tip and the chin has some unnatural part at the bottom after removal of that yellow reflection (which I somehow liked) - so I will use the original here, unless you decide to work on her some more.
That queen is one of my first tries to enchance portrets. I'll correct her. In general, I've made portret corrections in two stages:
1. Correction of face shape and proportions with some smoothing.
2. Final smoothing.

I provide all the portrets passed the first stage, but near 1/3 of them are still not applied the second stage, because of lack of time.
The skin smoothing was made with use of wide blurry edge brush with near 20% transparency, choosing with eyedropper the brightest skin color.