General Questions Thread

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Regnier

Re: General Questions Thread

Post by Regnier »

imsobadatnicknames wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:34 am
Regnier wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:05 pm I remember hearing something about not waiting with main quest missions?

Is it true that you can talk to brisienna and then wait as long as you want but once you start the main missions you can wait around?

i did a mission for aubk-i and then got a letter from her, does that act as a request that i must respond to?
If you get a letter from Abuk-i, Morgiah, Prince Lhotun, etc, you can wait for as long as you want before you go talk to them. Once you go talk to them, the timer for that quest starts running. E.g. Once you get the letter from Morgiah you can spend as many years as you want doing random shit before going to talk to her and it won't make you fail the quest, but as soon as you talk to her you'll have 30 days to go to Scourg Barrow and finish her quest or otherwise you'll fail it.

The only person you have to go to talk to as soon as you get her letter is Lady Brisienna (althought in Classic Daggerfall you can completely ignore her and still complete the rest of the main quest, as failing to meet up with her doesn't actually lock you out of any main story quests. I'm not sure if it's the same way in DFU or if it was changed)
Thank you!

HalfBaked

Post by HalfBaked »

I read that 10.28 had an option for the classic HUD that took up the bottom of the screen. I can't find the option anywhere.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

HalfBaked wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:58 am I read that 10.28 had an option for the classic HUD that took up the bottom of the screen. I can't find the option anywhere.
Press Escape to open pause menu then toggle off Fullscreen. This works the same as in classic. There's a detailed writeup of the large HUD in 0.10.28 update article, including all the options available in settings.ini.

HalfBaked

Post by HalfBaked »

Interkarma wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:33 am
HalfBaked wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:58 am I read that 10.28 had an option for the classic HUD that took up the bottom of the screen. I can't find the option anywhere.
Press Escape to open pause menu then toggle off Fullscreen. This works the same as in classic. There's a detailed writeup of the large HUD in 0.10.28 update article, including all the options available in settings.ini.
Ohh, cool! Thank you!

Clockmaker

Post by Clockmaker »

This seems like a good place to ask my question. Sorry if this has been covered before, I searched the forums but couldn't find anything: how does the game choose which set of background questions to ask you if you make a custom class? My understanding from playing the original game, way back, is that it basically compares your class to the standard ones and decides which one's the closest, but the results I get keep throwing me for a loop, e.g. a character with largely Burglar skills still gets defaulted to being a mage if there are any spellcasting skills. Is the comparison weighting the special advantages very heavily? (I never bother playing without 3x increased magery, not having a giant pool of mana when you could have it is just frustrating.)

For some reason I expected the comparison to go entirely by the skills, but in that case I don't really understand it.

pango

Post by pango »

This thread is a mess, I'm not sure anyone looking for some of the topics mentioned here will be able to find it in the future...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Yep, I'm going to close this. The original poster was asking questions for themselves, it's not ideal to have a general questions topic for others to bump and add to.

If you have a question, please start your own topic. Please don't necro old topics or hijack someone else's.