[0.11.0] - Edge World Cases

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Falci

[0.11.0] - Edge World Cases

Post by Falci »

I'm playing DFU version 0.11.0, using Daggerfall Setup's files and the following mods:

- Level up adjuster
- Enhanced Sky
- Distant Terrain

All in the most recent version I could find here in the forums.

This is probably known, but I thought it would be nice to report, just in case it isn't.

I was exploring the south edge of Daggerfall's world, in Dragontail Mountains, and noticed that if you reach the invisible wall that stops you from going forward and falling of the edge of the world while levitating reasonably high, you may end up stuck in said invisible wall. You may also get stuck if you start slow falling towards it.

While trying to unstuck myself, the game dropped me instantly in the void under the world. Note that I didn't fall and crossed the floor, I suddenly was under the world and falling already.

Naturally, fast travelling got me back into the world.

While talking about world edges, I wonder why the world continues outside the map so much if you're going east. Going south and north, you reach the end of the world and the invisible wall quite fast, but going east, it takes forever and I didn't quite see the end of the world when I reached the invisible wall.

pango

Re: [0.11.0] - Edge World Cases

Post by pango »

Hi Falci,

Sticky world borders is a regression since the switch to Unity 2019.4.x, I thought I had found a good general workaround, but it doesn't seem to work right with flying players indeed... :/
Not sure why that'd be the case though
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Falci

Re: [0.11.0] - Edge World Cases

Post by Falci »

Oh, ok! So it is known. Good.

I'm pretty sure you guys will find the solution to it soon. :) It's no big deal anyway.