[0.11.0] Minor text issue plus wrong tile

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
13thsyndicate

[0.11.0] Minor text issue plus wrong tile

Post by 13thsyndicate »

https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... height=701

As you can see in this screenshot, there's an extra character at the end of this chargen question (a curly brace at the very bottom, probably an artifact from the coding). It seems so minor so probably not a priority. I am running some mods but none that change this portion of the game.

In addition, there appears to be a wrong tile in the Charing Fighter's Guild exterior; I don't know if this is the kind of thing you are looking for reports on, since I don't know if it exists in Classic, but here it is without DREAM enabled (it's easier to see in DREAM but apparently the screenshot is too large)
Attachments
texture glitch no DREAM.png
texture glitch no DREAM.png (1007.27 KiB) Viewed 615 times

Interkarma

Re: [0.11.0] Minor text issue plus wrong tile

Post by Interkarma »

Tilemaps, map layouts, etc. are all loaded from classic data on user end. It's fairly common to see unpleasing tile usage like this one inside city areas, it's just how the game data is and it's nothing to worry about.

The extra character is also from classic data, it's a separator character used to delineate questions. In this case, the final question has a separator and no following questions in the data, so the separator is parsed into plain text. This is something we can fix on our end now this text data is stored in localisation asset tables. Thanks for the spot. :)

13thsyndicate

Post by 13thsyndicate »

You're welcome! I figured the tile thing was a Classic issue, I just did't know if it was on the fix list or the no worries list so I figured I'd say something. If I find more issues, should I make a new thread or continue posting here? Most of the stuff I run into is either weird or minor.

pango

Post by pango »

Same tile in classic (not in winter, sorry):
Capture d’écran du 2021-01-08 07-16-58.jpg
Capture d’écran du 2021-01-08 07-16-58.jpg (64.94 KiB) Viewed 562 times
13thsyndicate wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:26 am If I find more issues, should I make a new thread or continue posting here? Most of the stuff I run into is either weird or minor.
In general I think one issue by report is best, as it helps keeping track of the status of each separately...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart