[0.11.0] New character after dying starts at location of old character death (but town is gone)

Moderators will move topics here from Help & Support once an issue has been confirmed and enough information provided to reproduce.
13thsyndicate

[0.11.0] New character after dying starts at location of old character death (but town is gone)

Post by 13thsyndicate »

Hello! This is another one I noticed while playing the other day. I tried making a thief character and was caught by the guards and murdered and I hadn't yet made a save witht hat character (I know, silly in Daggerfall). So I triedmaking a second character and started a new game (I have Start In Dungeon turned off), but when I got into game, it showed me as "entering Tamwood", which is the city where I died, but the town wasn't there. I assumed it was a leftover log essage and went to Fast Travel, but I was in the same map pixel as Tamwood. Fast traveling back to that pixel made the town reappear magically.

I spent time wandering aroundthe world and then got killed by guards again, this time in Singbrone during spring. When I remade a new character (because again, I'd forgotten to save because of the weirdness) my character started in Singbrone, with no town, and the entire world was covered in springtime, even though the info panel said it was the 5th of Morning Star as usual on new game start. I only have a screenshot of the second time, and once again, fast travel to the same location fixed the fact that the town was missing as well as the spring textures.
Attachments
unknown.jpg
unknown.jpg (737.34 KiB) Viewed 1192 times

Interkarma

Re: [0.11.0] New character after dying starts at location of old character death (but town is gone)

Post by Interkarma »

This is a known issue when "start in dungeon" is disabled in settings. But I don't think we have an open bug report to track it, so I'll move it there to follow up. Cheers. :)

13thsyndicate

Re: [0.11.0] New character after dying starts at location of old character death (but town is gone)

Post by 13thsyndicate »

Thank you and I'm glad to be of at least minor help!