[MOD] Realistic Wagon

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

Re: [MOD] Realistic Wagon

Post by Ralzar »

Not at the moment. I agree, it's a bit awkward.

If we ever get the ability to make more buttons in popups. Instead of just YES/NO I could fix that by simply giving you several options. At the moment it feels like anything I do to fix one awkward situation will just create another awkward situation :D

I might look into making a separate hitched wagon status. If you have both wagon and horse and you switch to foot: it could leave the wagon and horse coupled. Where anything you clicked on would count as clicking on the wagon.
That will take quite a bit of extra coding though.

CandyGames

Post by CandyGames »

Hey, I really like the mod idea, and I think it's pretty well done in most parts, but I'm not that big of a fan of overbearing RPG elements. Being able to get off your horse is fun, but I'm not sure I very much like being forced to get off my horse every time I want to go on foot. Do you think it would be possible to create a "lite" version of this mod where getting off the horse is bound to a key instead of activating whenever you go on foot, and you can still take the horse with you on foot like normal? Or maybe make it a setting of some sort in the current mod?

Other than that, some other things: keep the horse naming functionality, I like that. Also, If you think a lite version is a good idea, maybe disable the cart detatch and just detatch the horse? The cart detatch doesn't seem to work very well for me and in a lite version where it doesn't affect the normal gameplay I would prefer some way to turn that off.

I really like being able to actually get off your horse, so I'm liking where this mod is right now! Keep up the good work! :D

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Is there any way you can add a lantern to this, maybe make it light up at night ?
It's the only thing I really want in this mud now, just a suggestion I guess if you can do it..
Check out my YouTube Channel!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Turns out this was a issue of Roleplay and Realism mod...
Spoiler!
Hi, this mods is not compatible with Roleplay & realism.

That mods ads sprinting for horse riding, and other quite useful and nice things in general for horses, so its a go-to mod for enhanced horse experience :)

Now with your mod - which I like a lot - when I mount a horse and press SHIFT to run on it, it slows the horse down while changing the sound to a horse running (that is ok in a sense)

Expected behavior would be the horse running faster. The issue is 100% caused by the interaction of these two mods, when I disable Roleplay, its "solved" (horse doesnt run)

Load order doesnt matter - tested
Last edited by King of Worms on Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Small update to v0.5.3

Text is now HUD top text instead of a text box.

If you mount your horse and you are next to the wagon, you also hitch the wagon.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Realistic Wagon v0.6.0

Sugar Lumps item added that can summon your horse.
Wagon damage added based on off/on road, climate and load.
Wagon Parts item added for repairing the wagon.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks for update :)
I just hope Hazelnut will find time to update and debug his horse mechanics in R&R so horse sprinting is re-implemented.
That way all the horse mods are perfect.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

King of Worms wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:31 pm Thanks for update :)
I just hope Hazelnut will find time to update and debug his horse mechanics in R&R so horse sprinting is re-implemented.
That way all the horse mods are perfect.
I did, and submitted a DFU PR. :) Hopefully it will be in the next release of DFU.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks, very happy to hear that 👍

Jarlyjarljarl

Post by Jarlyjarljarl »

This mod no longer functions: the wagon disappears when you mount a horse and you cannot get it back or access it even if you type rescue_wagon