[MOD]Ambidexterity Module (Shield Module Branch)

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
daggerdude

Re: [MOD]Ambidexterity Module (Shield Module Branch)

Post by daggerdude »

Well i used the mod, and the weapons still switched from hand to hand like normal, there were no enhanced combat elements, nothing.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

That's weird. I just tested it on a stand alone .11 beta build with the dfmod file and provided assets/textures. It kinda of worked, with a very large bug having to do with equipping shields.

If nothing is changing at all, no matter what you do, it isn't loading for some reason. Are you on the newest build? It could be my null reference error too. However, there should still be some changes, even if bugged out, if you try duel wielding and parrying. Either way, I'll drop a small update to fix the bug and a few other small things on Thursday.

Also, I found one major bug in the newest release I overlooked. There was a null reference error sneaking in causing bugs and mod breakage. I have already fixed it on my end. I'll update and drop it on github, after a fix a few small other things, and test it with mod items more thoroughly.

If everything clears, then smooth animations and patches for final release. I want to have it largely ready for official full release of DFUnity if possible.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

daggerdude

Post by daggerdude »

So i went in today again, enabled the mod, made sure the weapon properties txt was in mods, bound the offhand key, but again, no changes.
You linked a scripting API - i'm not sure what i'm supposed to do with that as far as binding keys goes. The last known release on github was about a month ago, and its under the uncompiled section in your ambidexterity module.
I had drag attack on, does that make a difference?

On another subject, I'm going to try to clean up those shields as best as possible so you can include them in the final release.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Drag attack is currently broken, I can tell you that; I rebroke it on one of my last updates. Turn it off, and it might make a difference.

Also, if you download the zip, all you need to do is extract it into the streaming assets directory that contains the "mods" and "textures" folders. I already setup all the sub-directories for you.

I'll double check the github files. Maybe I compiled the archive containing the mod file and assets wrong.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Midnight good news, hammered out all the null reference bugs causing your glitches. I setup the object code in one pass, and I didn't catch all the sloppy null errors I programmed into it.

Daggerdude, try the new build, and let me know if it is still not registering at all. I think maybe your installing it wrong.

Anyways, I tested it with realisms added items, and it is working. The only thing I didn't test was adding their weapon id to the property text file and seeing if it would apply the custom properties to the custom mod items, as I think it should.

I'll drop the rebuild mod file sometime today or tomorrow, so people can begin customizing weapon stats and posting their custom text property files.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Day late, but I pushed the fixes to this mod.

It should be playable without issue. However, some graphical stuff is still there. The directional indicator is off centered still, and animation cut off sprites still show.

Midnight will you test adding custom weapon properties to the realism mod items using the text file and report if it works with custom mod items?

daggerdude

Post by daggerdude »

Ok, so i installed it correctly this time, but the offhand weapon key i assign (tried q and mouse2) didn't do anything. I defined it in the menu, turned on look attack and click attack, not drag attack.

It's showing up as functional but the offhand weapon key bind does not work. I do have the newest version of daggerfall unity.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Cool cool I'll let you know and if I don't it's because I'm playing :D

p.s. I think you should consolidate the ambidex mod into it's own thing and not put it with everything else, it's confusing if you live in texas..
I know this kinda stuff :lol:
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

When I equip the bow it bugs out still..
Ebony short bow, not enchanted but they were bugging out before too on the last versions so I don't know.
The old version I got still works (it says V 1.0 but it's pretty old), and that's the only thing wrong with this one so far is the bows....
My Ebony katana and dagger work fine together, haven't tried the new weapons yet, and I tried a bunch of settings, same thing: the shooting animation is funky, the shooting sound is funky and when you put your bow away or switch hands it bugs out and wont go away and you cant eqp anything else..(had to restart).
Man I really dig the idle animations when you swing, it looks sweet.
Check out my YouTube Channel!

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Roger, I probably broke it when adding directional attacking.