KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
sckandaz61

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by sckandaz61 »

I deleted this post to avoid confusion for other people who might have this problem.
Last edited by sckandaz61 on Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Specs:
Spoiler!
MoBo: Asus PRIME B450M-A
Resolution: 1920x1080
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G (8) @ 3.9GHz
GPU: AMD Vega 11 iGPU 3GB
Memory: 2x8 3200MHz DDR4

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi Lacus, thank you :)

So it means the output log is not used anymore? I can see the date is very old now...

In his screenshot, you can see "enabled" at the dream mod, so I dont understand how he can have it enabled and yet not enabled in the log.

BTW I created a thread about it in the help and support, exactly at the time you wrote this reply.... and after I saw he send wrong log files I just deleted that thread, thats wayyyy too confusing for anyone to read or loose his time on

TO sckandaz61
Are ALL YOUR DREAM MOD PARTS ENABLED???
I played the game with mods turned off for a while, since it didn't work correctly, but they were all enabled when i had the problem.
Dude.... I apparently need the log with MODS ENABLED to see what is wrong. That makes kind of sense I hope. How are we supposed to find your problem with mods when you send log with mods disabled.... :?

sckandaz61

Post by sckandaz61 »

Okay, sorry i will fix everything up and come back with another post.

Edit:

Okay, so i apologize for the incorrect log files, i didn't know how they worked so i thought it would contain everything that happened while the mods were enabled, i just disabled them because mixed high and low res stuff looked clunky.
I also tried to use R2 files without the cinematics. No difference. So here's what i did:

I cleaned up everything, locallow, game files and df unity. Then i installed them correctly again. Then i copied the mod files to df unity folder. I opened the game, went through the first dungeon. And then i closed the game. The issues are the same. Here are the files in locallow.
I don't know what else i could do. Hope you can come up with a solution.
Attachments
LocalLow Logs and stuff.zip
(826.29 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
Specs:
Spoiler!
MoBo: Asus PRIME B450M-A
Resolution: 1920x1080
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G (8) @ 3.9GHz
GPU: AMD Vega 11 iGPU 3GB
Memory: 2x8 3200MHz DDR4

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks for update sckandaz61, good job.
Please Lacus take a look at the updated log files if you can, thanks a lot ;)

PS: I thought this issue might be connected to changing the compression from DXT to BC7 in latest release of Dream - but as the user reports the same issue with previous version of Dream, which was DXT compressed, we can rule this variable out now. At least some progress...

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

There are many assets that can't be loaded. Are you sure you downloaded the correct version for your OS?

Code: Select all

Failed to load asset: COMPASS.IMG.xml 
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

Failed to load asset: COMPBOX.IMG.xml 
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

Failed to load asset: ANIM0000 

Failed to load asset: ANIM0001 

Failed to load asset: EnemyImpMove 

Failed to load asset: EnemyImpBark 

Failed to load asset: EnemyImpAttack 

Failed to load asset: 234_3-0_Iron.xml 

Also some unreadable textures (Read/Write flag), so Kow might want to have a look.

Code: Select all

Texture 216_1-0 is not readable. 

Texture 209_3-0 is not readable. 

Texture 216_27-0 is not readable. 

Failed to load asset: 234_3-0_Iron.xml 

Megalow27

Post by Megalow27 »

Salutations, King Of Worms

I'm really impressed by the work you are making for this game and community, we really ought to appreciate that, but I'm not actually managing to experience this graphical reworking. You see, I'm having 2 really annoying problems:

1. My paperdoll have a whiteish background and the model neither the equipments appear, I can equip them as normal but nothing changes visually.

2. Even thought I dropped the Daggerfall Games Files onto the game's folder (Daggerfall, not Unity version), as I navigate through the menu screen, the options become invisible, I can't see anything, and I saw, there was a couple of people who had this same issue before, but adding the files didn't solve it.

I downloaded the Daggerfall Setup from UESP and installed the Daggerfall, then downloaded the DaggerfallUnity. I downloaded all the mods and put then accordingly in the mods folder, except for some on D.R.E.A.M., which is the Preset, Spellcon and the ReShader, which I did the process correctly, choose Daggerfall Unity, installed the 3 option files and checked all the boxes. Then I got the DaggerfallGameFiles and dropped onto the Daggerfall folder.

I Installed and reinstalled all a couple of times and it's getting tiring, so I'm asking for your help directly. What can I do to solve this? I'm also posting this same reply on Nexus Mods.

I'm gonna wait for your response, thank you for the attention.

Screenshots:

Mods Order:
https://imgur.com/Cshf5PK
https://imgur.com/M7gEEfc

Whiteish Paperdoll:
https://imgur.com/zbeOxF6

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I think I need a holidays...

For the sake of my own sanity. It works on my PC. So its not completely effed up. I honestly have no idea why ppl have bugs. I just dont.

Maybe I will pretend I dont exist... maybe thats the only thing I can do.
How am I supposed to know why these bugs appear :oops:

I support just a bunch of textures, sounds and like 2 basic scripts. Its working 100% stable on my pc. How in hell Im supposed to know how to solve any bug which is reported to me? Its a serious question.

Megalow27

Post by Megalow27 »

King Of Worms,

People reply to you because you made the mod, you're the most knowledgeable in this specfic subject, we're not expecting you to be some mystical guru, it's just that I myself know jack shit about programming, so, for me, you're my best bet, because I can't solve this issue.

I'm sorry if I made you feel bad, it wasn't the intention and you really should lay low for a bit, you're not responsible for all this mess but programming is hard, we can do the same actions in 20 different PCs and get 20 different responses.

I just wanted to enjoy it a bit, but if I can't, there's not much to be done, and know, you're not to be blamed, it's just how life is, sometimes things just don't go our way.

But well, I hope you get some rest, you deserve, and let's be positive, at least some people play the game bugless, right?

Anyway, take care.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thing is, I know jack about programming as well... the reply was more of a general moan.. I honestly dont have any idea why for some ppl it doesnt work. Im sorry :/

Megalow pls send the logs. Thank you
Last edited by King of Worms on Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks Lacus, I will take a look at the read/write part you mentioned, but Im quite sure its not the cause of these issues. Still, I dont want any error msgs in my mod, so indeed it will be dealt with.

But what does it mean its not readable. So I should enable "read write enabled" in the inspector for these specific sprites?