[MOD] Harderfall - 100% Hit Chance Formula

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
BoneofMalkav

Re: [MOD] Harderfall - 100% Hit Chance Formula

Post by BoneofMalkav »

Laicus wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:42 pm I think it stopped working at 0.10.25.
Sadly it did, Probably one of the last of the new mods that would need to be patched for 0.10.25.

jefetienne

Post by jefetienne »

So I noticed that in the released 0.10.25 that indeed it wasn't working, but when I actually loaded the mod while playing in the Unity editor it was. I might have to look into this more.
El jefe, Etienne
Nexus Mods | GitHub

BoneofMalkav

Post by BoneofMalkav »

Not working with 0.10.26 now. Any chance of patching it?

jefetienne

Post by jefetienne »

Yes, I will be uploading a new version hopefully later tonight. It references something that no longer exists since the localization feature came up.
El jefe, Etienne
Nexus Mods | GitHub

jefetienne

Post by jefetienne »

Harderfall has been updated for 0.10.26!
El jefe, Etienne
Nexus Mods | GitHub

omacdacia

Post by omacdacia »

hi there!! any chance patch fot 0.11.0 and shield module?

jefetienne

Post by jefetienne »

Updated for 0.11.0!
omacdacia wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:17 am hi there!! any chance patch fot 0.11.0 and shield module?
I have considered adding compatibility with other mods, but since removing the mechanics for hit chance actually nullifies other things like skills and armor class, I'd say it would just be better to find a mod that actually has real balance for the game. This is mostly a tongue-in-cheek mod :)
El jefe, Etienne
Nexus Mods | GitHub

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

So sorry. I'll patch it for everyone; I keep getting distracted trying to pound out the last of the ambidexterity module.

However, jefe, you can get my shield mod script files from my github and build your own patch. I keep all the objects you need to do it as public, so anyone who loads the script files into their build can create patches and extensions of the mod. All you need to do is drop my shield module script files into your "assets/scripts" folder, take my few code block additions to the formula helper object from my shield mod and drop them into your mods formula helper in the same code location/logic order to catch hits and run proper code. Once a user loads your mod after mine, your mods formula helper will override mine, with my shield patching code, and they should play nicely at that point.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

jefetienne

Post by jefetienne »

l3lessed wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:27 pm So sorry. I'll patch it for everyone; I keep getting distracted trying to pound out the last of the ambidexterity module.

However, jefe, you can get my shield mod script files from my github and build your own patch. I keep all the objects you need to do it as public, so anyone who loads the script files into their build can create patches and extensions of the mod. All you need to do is drop my shield module script files into your "assets/scripts" folder, take my few code block additions to the formula helper object from my shield mod and drop them into your mods formula helper in the same code location/logic order to catch hits and run proper code. Once a user loads your mod after mine, your mods formula helper will override mine, with my shield patching code, and they should play nicely at that point.
Thanks for the info! I took a look at the Shield developer guide and downloaded the files for it, but I was wondering if it would be practical for you to use the ModManager "SendModMessage" API. Essentially, I would just send two strings as identifiers for the shield mod, and the ModManager would look for it and retrieve/send data from your mod back to mine without any re-compilations on either side. I have an example of this on my World Tooltips description:

https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/158
For modders:

I have also implemented a simple way for you to add your own custom tooltips. It takes a System.Tuple that has a float for the tooltip distance (should be matched with the activation distance) and a function with the RaycastHit parameter and returns a string name for the tooltip. Make the function return null if the RaycastHit does not match your specifications. Here is an example that adds a tooltip over the terrain called "Terrain":

Code: Select all

ModManager.Instance.SendModMessage("World Tooltips", "RegisterCustomTooltip", new System.Tuple<float, Func<RaycastHit, string>>(
  PlayerActivate.DefaultActivationDistance,
    (hit) =>
  {
    if (hit.transform.name.Length > 16 && hit.transform.name.Contains("DaggerfallTerrain"))
    {
      return "Terrain";
    }
    return null;
  }
));
You only need to add it once, so I recommend you put it in a Start method, an Init mod method, or in a constructor.
If you think it is possible but you might need guidance on this, I can certainly be of help :) Just note that I am currently writing my own standalone game based off of the DFU project and I would prefer not to look at your shield code specifically for copyright reasons.
El jefe, Etienne
Nexus Mods | GitHub

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Well thanks for trying to be respectful there. Don't worry, I can patch hardfall myself; I need to fix one last bug with the bow in the shield module anyways. It will probably be faster for me to do these two things together than have you patch.

I wanted to point out though that I develop all my mods around the idea of modder accessibility and patching. All scripts should be accessible for others modding and patching purposes. You can copy and paste the scripts into your base DFU unity build "assets/scripts" folder. At that point, Unity compiler should read them and load the namespace object into the project. All you need to do is call the mod namespace like any other DFU script object to begin accessing any of my stuff.

I don't mind if you use my shield mod as part of it, as long as its a free project and I get clear credit and linkage to my Patreon and nexus mod pages.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.