KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by King of Worms »

Lacus pls, what does it mean that "No mod loaders found for mod"
Its from the updated logs from sckandaz61
Pls look at my notes there, this is really strange?
Spoiler!
ModManager - started loading mod: DREAM - CINEMATICS
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

ModManager - started loading mod: DREAM - COMMONERS
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

ModManager - started loading mod: DREAM - HANDHELD

ModManager - started loading mod: DREAM - HUD & MENU

ModManager - started loading mod: DREAM - MOBS

ModManager - started loading mod: DREAM - MUSIC

ModManager - started loading mod: DREAM - NPCs

ModManager - started loading mod: DREAM - PAPERDOLL

ModManager - started loading mod: DREAM - PORTRAITS

ModManager - started loading mod: DREAM - SOUND

ModManager - started loading mod: DREAM - SPRITES

ModManager - started loading mod: DREAM - TEXTURES

ModManager - init finished. Mod Count: 12
(12 is the number if DREAM packages)

No mod loaders found for mod: DREAM - CINEMATICS

No mod loaders found for mod: DREAM - COMMONERS

No mod loaders found for mod: DREAM - HANDHELD

No mod loaders found for mod: DREAM - MOBS

No mod loaders found for mod: DREAM - MUSIC

No mod loaders found for mod: DREAM - NPCs

No mod loaders found for mod: DREAM - PAPERDOLL

No mod loaders found for mod: DREAM - PORTRAITS

No mod loaders found for mod: DREAM - SOUND

No mod loaders found for mod: DREAM - SPRITES

And here the total count is just 10??
That means two mod parts work and 10 does not.
HUD&MENU and TEXTURES seem to load properly, rest does not
So thats why he can see some textures and part of new HUD and thats it
So apparently he uses good OS version, if 2 packages work?

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

These log messages aren't errors, they only inform that the mod doesn't have an entry point for owned C# assemblies. If a mod doesn't have any custom script this is normal behaviour.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

sckandaz61 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:56 pm Okay, sorry i will fix everything up and come back with another post.

Edit:

Okay, so i apologize for the incorrect log files, i didn't know how they worked so i thought it would contain everything that happened while the mods were enabled, i just disabled them because mixed high and low res stuff looked clunky.
I also tried to use R2 files without the cinematics. No difference. So here's what i did:

I cleaned up everything, locallow, game files and df unity. Then i installed them correctly again. Then i copied the mod files to df unity folder. I opened the game, went through the first dungeon. And then i closed the game. The issues are the same. Here are the files in locallow.
I don't know what else i could do. Hope you can come up with a solution.
We are still waiting for your confirmation that you indeed downloaded the correct version for your OS

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

That big bug is now identified thanks to the Nexus user EgoMaster
Temporal solution is to switch your region to English (united states)
I hope DFU gets updated so this is not needed in the future.

Bug report here:
http://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic. ... 78c#p52187

boomsticked

Post by boomsticked »

Hello, just wanted to say I really like your mod and it's very hard to play without it thanks to the common enemy sprites looking so much better, However I did notice a big contrast in quality between certain stuff. I'm guessing some sprites were upscaled automatically or something like that. an example of this would be the nord faces where some look less detailed than others. Something else from recent memory was the nymph which I think is supposed to look attractive in the base game but in this mod their faces are a horrible disturbing blob.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Yes there is a difference if the face of for example nymph which is animated in many frames and upscaled from a sprite which had like 100x50 pixels and the head data was like 15*15 pixels. And between a face of lets say static NPC (so it has just one face) which was made from a bit of higher res source, than I put a head from its even higher res portrait to it, and than 3 artists worked on that sprite in like 10 iterations.

If you offer your work as a artist, I have around year of two kind of job for you to redraw all faces to the level you might enjoy.

Let me know ;)

I might change the face of the Nymph tho, thats like 12 front facing sprites.. I already did this for Daedra seducer.

EDIT: Here she goes, NSFW... new face and nipples :lol: after thus full restoration she looks almost photorealistic in some very weird sense. The mob is so 90s man..
Spoiler!
265_0-0.png
265_0-0.png (287.08 KiB) Viewed 1427 times
Last edited by King of Worms on Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

boomsticked

Post by boomsticked »

That is definitely an improvement :)

Something else I forgot to mention that I noticed was that when I had this mod installed the horse didn't make any noises, also for some odd reason after meeting lady brisienna at the start of the game the letter you get from her doesn't disappear, however it does in the base game. idk if this is because of the mod or something weird with unity but I thought I would put it out there. (if it helps I am using the windows version)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Not a dream issue

MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

King of Worms wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:42 pm Also, dont be scared to try the Dream mate, I made it on AMD FX 8300 and GTX970 and 8gb ram and it runs at 60fps at 1200p.
I'm afraid my GeForce 710M is way behind GTX970:
https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/N ... 77vsm10751

Anyways, I just stumbled upon a fork of ESRGAN by JoeyBallentine:
https://github.com/JoeyBallentine/ESRGAN

It offers a host of improvements and extra features, including some very decent way to auto-process alpha channels. Here's the sample frame of the hi-res dancer from the NUKE site, upscaled with CleanPixels using --alpha mode 1 with no pre-processing of any kind:

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

It fascinates me the guys who create digital worlds are many times on ancient hardware.. when I upgraded my PC one year ago, because it was malfunctioning, I had buyers remorse. CPU, Mobo, RAM, SSD, Case, Power supply... when I dismatled the old pc, I saw how OLD it is. It was barely holding together, with many mods so the RAM do not fall out and the passive coolers holding on a ducktape and contraptions from safety matches, you name it :D :D

And that upgrade costed less than 1/2 of GTX 3080 today. Which small kids use to run insane games while bitching about bad graphics and low framerate at 4k...

Anyway, that dancer is looking great, and the fact it has alpha chanel is really really impressive. It has cca 1px black outline, which might look like a cellshaded graphics :)

It look better than my image, on which Ive spend a lot of time... it also has nicer colors (and ofc gradients)
02.png
02.png (264.97 KiB) Viewed 1369 times