Video Thread

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Jay_H

Re: Video Thread

Post by Jay_H »

You have to generate a youtu.be URL ;)

Decrepit DaggerFan

Post by Decrepit DaggerFan »

Jay_H wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:10 pm You have to generate a youtu.be URL ;)
Thanks! Even with your hint it took me a quite to see what I've been doing wrong. But it's fixed, and the video embedded. (Anyone who missed it will find it at the bottom of the preceding page.)

Decrepit DaggerFan

Another YouTube Daggerfall Unity episode has been published. It’s quite short, clocking in at 4m35s. It showcases graphics enhancements first experience since updating both DFU (to 0.10.27 from a year-old build) all its mods (to their current versions as of early Nov 2020). There’s not much to it. We see my DFU avatar enter Daggerfall City during a morning rain, walk to the city’s Temple of Kynareth, deposit rescued priestess, then walk to DFC’s main shopping district. We then find ourselves in a desert, showcasing my switch from Mountains & Hills to Interesting Terrains. That’s all there is to it. No assignments. No dungeon crawls. No battles.

I meant to include an Inn visit, to show off Taverns Redone. Alas, as with episode-one I forgot to capture an acceptable Tavern interior clip until too late.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

:lol: he forgot to mention my mod in a mod list, thumbs down so hard would be well deserved... like really? What? Ok... :roll: Ohh you are the vid creator himself, ok than I can tell you exactly what I think about that video... wait, I cant, the rules.. :lol:

Decrepit DaggerFan

King of Worms wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:50 pm :lol: he forgot to mention my mod in a mod list, thumbs down so hard would be well deserved... like really? What? Ok... :roll: Ohh you are the vid creator himself, ok than I can tell you exactly what I think about that video... wait, I can't, the rules.. :lol:
heh...yeah. I certainly meant to include it, but somehow forgot in the heat of battle. To be fair it gets a too-brief nod during the short closing desert segment. And it's referred to in the video's Description, link included. I wish we could still annotate our videos, so I could make amends. (I realize your comment is at least partly tongue-in-cheek, but don't like having inadvertently left it out.)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Yeah I did not thumb it down, contrary 😉 but I felt let down when I watched the video, than you start naming the mods u used and... anyway, the video is nice and I get it its easy to forget, no worries. I did not see the vid description on my phone

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Very happy to see such awesome video :)

Decrepit DaggerFan

I recently published another video documenting my Daggerfall Unity character, exploring the bowels of Community of Vannausa (dungeon), assigned by Daggerfall City Fighters Guild to remove a Gargoyle. We see the crawl itself and its aftermath. DFU graphics mods are on display, though that's incidental, not my primary focus this time round. My current DFU install is, as of early Feb 2021, dated. Footage was captured prior to DFU officially entering Beta status. Likewise, several mods have updated beyond what is seen here, D.R.E.A.M. included. Captured at 1080p, it is rendered and uploaded at 1440p. It looks decent at 1080p windowed. However, dungeon fog renders more naturally at 1440p when viewed full-screen, even on a 1080p monitor. Text narrative and music but no vocal commentary.

Regnier

Post by Regnier »