[MOD] Unofficial Block, Location and Model Fixes

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
XJDHDR

Re: [MOD] Unofficial Block, Location and Model Fixes

Post by XJDHDR »

AuntiePixel wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:59 pm In a dungeon with dirt floor / wood walls, the stairwells have stonework dungeon walls and steps. Affected every stairwell I saw, though I didn't explore the entire dungeon. This example is from "Ruins of Castle Moorston" in Wrothgarian Mountains. I disabled the block fix mod and the textures went back to dirt floor / wood walls that match the rest of the dungeon.
Yesterday, I submitted a Pull Request with the aim of fixing this DFU bug. It should be merged by the time the next version of DFU is released. In the meantime, I've also found a workaround. If you open DFU's Advanced Gameplay settings menu, you will see one slider called "Dungeon Textures". If you set that to "ClimateOnly" or "RandomOnly", that will make the mismatched textures go away. My PR will make RuntimeMaterials work with that setting's other options when merged.
Edit: RandomOnly doesn't work either right now. Until the next version of DFU is released, only ClimateOnly will fix this.
pango wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:52 pm Could you consider fixing W0000018, that creates most of the disconnected dungeons?
They're probably many ways to do this, but based on its similarity with N0000021, N0000022 and N0000023, I think the simplest solution would be to borrow one extra corridor from N0000022
Yes, I did see that forum thread and have been meaning to look into it. I'll see when I have some time to investigate it. Adding a corridor as you described may be a solution. Rotating that Block or replacing it with a different one are other possibilities.

AuntiePixel

Post by AuntiePixel »

Thanks for the workaround

pango

Post by pango »

XJDHDR wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:49 pm Rotating that Block or replacing it with a different one are other possibilities.
Replacing it globally would work, rotating it may work most of the time, but require a case-by-case check, because that block doesn't verify all the invariants it should (namely, something like "at least one of the two entrances coming from each side should be connected to the other tunnels of the module", if not the two entrances), so rotations cannot work as a generic solution.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

pango

Post by pango »

I started studying dungeon modules topology, this has been very interesting already. First, because of entrance positions, you cannot rotate modules. The only usable symmetry I've found is mirroring across SW-NE diagonal plane (symmetry along SE-NW diagonal would require using the module upside-down, so I'm excluding that one ;) ), and it involves a change in module handedness (imagine Privateer's Hold with the lever at the right of the throne, and the exit path at the left instead of the right, etc... fries the brain a little). But then it may break another variant with dead ends, so that may not be usable either.
-- Charles Goodhart

pango

Post by pango »

Hi XJDHDR,

Found an example of a wrong door used, in a temple this time (Temple of Arkay in Horcester, Daggerfall):
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (136.34 KiB) Viewed 2515 times
Attachments
SAVE923.zip
(252.55 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
-- Charles Goodhart

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

pango wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:41 pm Found an example of a wrong door used, in a temple this time (Temple of Arkay in Horcester, Daggerfall):
That's strange, the door looks fine on my end:
Door.jpg
Door.jpg (53.85 KiB) Viewed 2495 times
Are you using the latest version of my mod? I know that a previous version was causing this bug but the latest fixed it.

pango

Post by pango »

Whoops! My bad, I was still using UBLaMF - Linux version-100-2021-01-22-1611305401.7z
Works now
-- Charles Goodhart

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

I've just released the next update for my mod; version 2021.03.25

Sorry for the long delay since the last update. Some of my time was taken by making some improvements to Daggerfall Unity itself, especially some issues that were affecting this mod. I'm happy to report that those contributions have been merged and so, some problems that my models were causing for dungeons and their automaps are no longer present.

I've also continued chipping away at the reports that people have made. There's still a lot of work to do though.

pango

Post by pango »

I know it's only half related to this mod, but,

I lost track of the current DFU 3D map state concerning mods, is it ready yet?
Because master branch with no other mods doesn't look like it, modified geometry still don't get the right shader for me...
Capture d’écran du 2021-04-10 07-16-48.jpg
Capture d’écran du 2021-04-10 07-16-48.jpg (271.13 KiB) Viewed 2198 times
-- Charles Goodhart

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

pango wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:20 am I lost track of the current DFU 3D map state concerning mods, is it ready yet?
Because master branch with no other mods doesn't look like it, modified geometry still don't get the right shader for me...
You did fix a similar issue months ago that happened when a prefab had child MeshRenderers but this looks more like a resurgence of what happened after Interkarma tried to merge two of my Automap related PRs simultaneously. But that should have been fixed with this commit.

If you have time, can you please check if Interkarma's commit did fix the original problem? If so, can you then check which of the subsequent commits made the problem reappear? If you don't have time, I'll have some time to check in an hour or two.