Bugged house in Sentinel

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
GenZo

Bugged house in Sentinel

Post by GenZo »

Once you go up the stairs in this house the stairs get walled off, kinda spooky.
I made new characters, travelled there and same thing happened.
In DOS version, you can't enter as It is one of those the "house has nothing of value" type buildings.

Hazelnut

Re: Bugged house in Sentinel

Post by Hazelnut »

I think this is a job for the block and model fixes XJDHDR is working on. Or possibly Ferital's texture fixes if it's just a texture thing.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

This is one of the cases where core is already setup to fix a specific data issue. Two known cases are already resolved.

https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... e006505149

If you can please provide a save for the problem building, I can add it to the check.

Edit: I can no doubt locate from your video as well. Will look at this tomorrow, it's getting late here. :)

GenZo

Post by GenZo »

It is starting to become hard finding save files like number is over 100 in folders, lol.
I deleted some but i guess if i make a new one it won't be the last number but it puts it somewhere where a missing deleted
number was.

Also are these dumplocation or dumpbuilding console commands any help for stuff like these?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

It's no worries, I can locate from your video. :)

I feel you on finding saves. After years of collecting people's saves for bug testing, I recently crossed over 1000 saves with a few hundred different characters. It can be hard to find "that save" from 3 years ago to re-test something after making a change.

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

GenZo wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:22 am Once you go up the stairs in this house the stairs get walled off, kinda spooky.
I made new characters, travelled there and same thing happened.
In DOS version, you can't enter as It is one of those the "house has nothing of value" type buildings.
There are two places where this is fixed in DFU already but I know that there is a third place with this same issue that I've fixed in my mod "Unofficial Block, Location and Model Fixes". Can you please download it and see if that solves the issue?
Interkarma wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:47 pm I feel you on finding saves. After years of collecting people's saves for bug testing, I recently crossed over 1000 saves with a few hundred different characters. It can be hard to find "that save" from 3 years ago to re-test something after making a change.
Maybe you could try something similar to what I do. After I add a fix to my mod, I categorise and upload the save demonstrating that fix to my repo, deleting it from my save folder in the process: https://github.com/XJDHDR/DFU_UBLaMF/tr ... se%20fixes