Open spell quest

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Kanjar

Open spell quest

Post by Kanjar »

Hi, so I'm experiencing this bug on Daggerfall Unity Beta 0.11.1 where after completing part of the open box with circinate Open spell for the Mages Guild the NPC merchant who gave me the box will not interact with me anymore.

I've tried ascertaining wether I had in fact completed what I had to (like waiting for eventual different mobs to spawn and actually killing them and maybe giving some time to the NPC to update the quest status itself);
I also repeated many times the quest (via reloading a save prior of accepting the quest itself) and I cannot find a way to interact with the NPC after having actually completed the chunk of quest to which she should respond with "Tell (Guildmagister's name) I appreciate him sending you to help...I guess. Of course, if I had known what was inside, I might not have been so eager to open it!", and the fact I cannot interact with her in turn prevents me from interacting with the Quest Giver itself altogether!

Was this a known bug?

Interkarma

Re: Open spell quest

Post by Interkarma »

Hey welcome to the forums. :) I'll split this into its own topic, as it's a new question and preferred not to necro years old topics.

This was also raised on reddit recently, and I've submitted two fixes for this. First fix is for the sudden fall-through of click causing the second popup to display immediately. Second fix resolves clicking merchant NPC before casting Open preventing quest from completing normally.

These fixes will be game from 0.11.2. In the meantime, best to avoid that open quest as there's no way to complete it in 0.11.1.

All the best!

Kanjar

Re: Open spell quest

Post by Kanjar »

Hi, thanks for the prompt answer ^_^