[0.11.1] Azimuthal Vectors - Teleported to the wrong spot

Moderators will move topics here from Help & Support once an issue has been confirmed and enough information provided to reproduce.
Shalval

[0.11.1] Azimuthal Vectors - Teleported to the wrong spot

Post by Shalval »

I am currently doing the Azimuthal Vectors quest for the Mages Guild.

There is a branching path where, if you go see the scholar, he will sometimes send you fetch an alchemical ingredient. Upon giving it to him, he proposes to teleport you directly on the quest item in the other dungeon.

Problem is: I have been teleported to the wrong spot :P. By using tele2qmarker, I can see that the object is inside the dungeon, just on another quest location spot I guess.

Not a huge deal (I can pretend the scholar was absent minded :mrgreen:) but seemingly unintended.

I have unfortunately overwritten my save before I realized something was off, but I imagine this can be easily replicated.

Ralzar

Re: [0.11.1] Azimuthal Vectors - Teleported to the wrong spot

Post by Ralzar »

I’m pretty sure he teleports you to the correct dungeon, but not the correct spot? I’ve done that quest a couple of times and I’ve never been teleported to the quest marker.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Just confirming what Ralzar said. You're teleported to the dungeon but you still need to search it for the ingredient.

Shalval

Post by Shalval »

I was suspicious because of the dialogue:
This catalogue is in (catalogue's dungeon). In fact, I can teleport you to the very spot, if you like. You'll have to find your own way out, of course.
Checking UESP, it says:
If you agreed to be teleported to the note, you will emerge in the dungeon with the note right at your feet as if you had followed the first path. Pick it up and read it.
But if you noticed that behavior in classic, then I guess UESP is the one that should be corrected :P

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for details. :) Just reviewing this one now. It is possible to teleport player direct to a quest marker using the "transfer pc inside" variant. But the straight "teleport pc to" (which this quest uses) doesn't pick a specific marker that I'm aware of. Unless there's some undefined classic behaviour we need to match here, i.e. similar to marker stacking for multiple targets.

Does anyone know for sure the outcome of this in classic? It's easy enough to fix this and teleport directly onto a quest resource marker as a result of this quest action, but I'd need confirmation before behaviour is changed.

Only a handful of quests use the "teleport pc to" action, but we at least have multiple quests to compare behaviour against. I'd also expect teleport marker behaviour to be uniform across all quests.

Code: Select all

A0C00Y06 [An Unexpected Journey]
A0C01Y06 [An Unexpected Journey Part II]
M0B11Y18 [Lord K'avar Quest Part I]
N0B00Y17 [Azimuthal Vectors]
S0000503 [Former Student Part II]

Shalval

Post by Shalval »

So far all the quest bugs I have encountered (some I didn't mention like the Open a Chest quest, since they are known) were from the CompUSA edition.

Maybe they are not consistent in behavior with what you would expect of Classic because the developers were a little more "creative"? If someone can confirm this is supposed to work like on UESP, I suppose these are the quests where some more playtesting is warranted :)

Shalval

Post by Shalval »

After a bit of dungeon delving in classic, I can confirm that you are supposed to be teleported directly on the note.

Here is a save to load with classic, so you can confirm on your end.
Attachments
SAVE2.zip
(46.87 KiB) Downloaded 122 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for checking and providing save! :) I'll move this one to bug reports now confirmed.

Shalval

Post by Shalval »

If there are other quests that need that kind of confirmation, just hit me up. I'm done with my playthrough on DFU, so I do not mind a few delves in Classic if there are doubts on accuracy :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

If you're feeling keen, it would be great to know if the other quests listed above also teleport directly to target marker for item/foe/npc/etc. Cheers. :)

There are just the 5 quests in core game using this action, and I'd expect behaviour to be consistent across them all. But Daggerfall has a special way of not playing by its own rules.