Daggerfall Unity Quest Pack #1

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Jay_H

Re: Daggerfall Unity Quest Pack #1

Post by Jay_H »

Interesting, thanks for reporting them :) I've uploaded the changes to github, so they'll be in the next permanent version.

theJF

Post by theJF »

I hope Jay is doing OK.

I found a couple of tiny bugs in QP1. The fixed quest files are in the attached zip.

JHFG019 - monster was spawned in wrong location.
JHKN008 - popup when entering Palace to inform player of next location does not show dungeon name.
Attachments
QP1_fixes.zip
(5.12 KiB) Downloaded 156 times

Benefactor

Post by Benefactor »

Hey there, folks.

Quick, maybe stupid, question: I re-did my install of Daggerfall Unity+Mods recently, including this here Quest Pack (QP1). I wanted the Perpetual Quest Pack (PQP) as well, but to my understanding it was merged with QP1 some time ago. So I went to play with QP1 installed, and indeed noticed some quests brought over from PQP, like the Cartographers or Early Artifacts, that I remember from playing through Daggerfall Unity about a year and a half ago (give or take). However, I also noticed that there seemed to be a lot missing.

With PQP I remember arriving at towns and getting quest prompts: "Use your Medical skill to heal this injured man surrounded by a crowd"; "If you have it, help some scholar woman in a bind with your Daedric skill"; "Help some orphan with a large inheritance find a new family, or legal guardians"; etc. Hell, I even remember getting a letter from the authorities demanding the payment of "Travel Taxes" or something.

I found it weird that I no longer got *any* of these quests/pop-up events (don't know how to refer to them, really). I got curious, and looked through the QP1 folders myself, only to find that the PQP quests that I (seem to) remember just weren't there (except for the Cartographers and Early Artifacts).

So my question(s): What happened to these quests/events? If PQP was merged with QP1, why did these quests not seem to make it? Was something wrong with them?

While most all of them were pretty simple & short, I found they added life to otherwise uneventful cities & travel. I would download the PQP and manually add in these lost quests myself, to avoid overlap; but there no longer seems to be any place where the PQP is available for download: it is neither here; nor on GitHub; nor on the Nexus, if it ever was there. At least, I cannot find it for the life of me.

While redoing my Daggerfall Unity install I must have lost my old PQP folders like an eejit. Now they can't be found anywhere, and even if there is something wrong with them I would still like to have them running once again. Any help or information will be very welcome, and apologies if I got something wrong. Thank you.

TL;DR: PQP was merged with QP1, but many of the former's quests seem to have disappeared in the transition. Any reason why? Any place to get them?

Taryl

Post by Taryl »

Greetings.

I am having an issue with the quest JHMG011 'Travel Guide' from the Mage's Guild. It was working with DFU 0.11.0, but with 0.11.1 none of the three locations (graveyard, farm, shrine) are registering for quest progress. This is the only quest of the few I have tried that had an issue. I made a fresh character for the new version and am using the same mods (only some are updated to new releases).

I noticed some chatter about a bug related to the travel map and location naming, along with a fix in 0.11.1:

Code: Select all

Travel map now gets location name and initial discovered state from world replacement data
Since this quest is triggered by locations, I wonder if the change broke this quest.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Benefactor wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:55 pm With PQP I remember arriving at towns and getting quest prompts: "Use your Medical skill to heal this injured man surrounded by a crowd"; "If you have it, help some scholar woman in a bind with your Daedric skill"; "Help some orphan with a large inheritance find a new family, or legal guardians"; etc. Hell, I even remember getting a letter from the authorities demanding the payment of "Travel Taxes" or something.
Are you sure this was not quests from Warm Ashes? Because that's the kind of encounter quests Warm Ashes did a bunch of in towns and out in the wilderness.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Travel Guild quest is not making location checks to finish the quest or something..
You get to the place and nothing happens (usually you get a notify from the questor on arrival, grave/farm/shrine)

Here's the output..

Attachments
output_log.rar
(3.62 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Midknightprince wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:06 pm Travel Guild quest is not making location checks to finish the quest or something..
You get to the place and nothing happens (usually you get a notify from the questor on arrival, grave/farm/shrine)

Here's the output..

Final edit: it is RP Realism, changing to old version fixes quest, so it's NOT the quest pack at all, posting there.. :D
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Benefactor

Post by Benefactor »

Ralzar wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:11 am
Benefactor wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:55 pm With PQP I remember arriving at towns and getting quest prompts: "Use your Medical skill to heal this injured man surrounded by a crowd"; "If you have it, help some scholar woman in a bind with your Daedric skill"; "Help some orphan with a large inheritance find a new family, or legal guardians"; etc. Hell, I even remember getting a letter from the authorities demanding the payment of "Travel Taxes" or something.
Are you sure this was not quests from Warm Ashes? Because that's the kind of encounter quests Warm Ashes did a bunch of in towns and out in the wilderness.
Actually, I just looked through Warm Ashes and you are quite right. Some of the quests I gave as an example in my earlier post were indeed Warm Ashes, not PQP. Still, I still have the feeling that some of PQP's Quests are just gone altogether, from QP1 and/or Warm Ashes. If anyone knows where to download an old version of PQP, I would greatly thank them for telling me where to find it. Because as of now, there seems to be no way. Even the old PQP page seems to have had any links it had removed retroactively.

If no one can, then no worries. Thank you for bearing with me...
What can change the nature of a man?

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Warm Ashes had some problems. It's in the middle of getting absorbed and restructured into Villager Immersion Overhaul. If I understood Kamer correctly.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Midknightprince wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:23 pm Final edit: it is RP Realism, changing to old version fixes quest, so it's NOT the quest pack at all, posting there.. :D
Yes, although to be more accurate it's actually a new feature in DFU being used by my mod that's causing the issue - will be fixed when next build of DFU is released - 0.11.2?

Apologies, it was my error in the code.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods