[0.11.2] Damage Fatigue Spell Doesnt Work On Self

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Teralitha

[0.11.2] Damage Fatigue Spell Doesnt Work On Self

Post by Teralitha »

I made a damage fatigue spell on self to practice destruction magic and while the skill does increase, the spell actually has zero effect on my character. My fatigue doesnt get damaged. I have to wonder if it will even work on enemies now.. Anyone try using damage fatigue on enemies?

The spell is magic based, and my character has a critical weakness to magic.(as well as trouble resisting magic, from background choices) So, I should have zero resistence to magic based effects and the spell should be damaging my fatigue.

Interkarma

Re: [0.11.2] Damage Fatigue Spell Doesnt Work On Self

Post by Interkarma »

Exhaustion is something that applies to the player only, so enemies aren't really impacted by fatigue loss anyway. Daggerfall has a lot of poorly thought out stuff like this.

I've stepped through code and confirmed the player is receiving the Damage Fatigue effect properly but the payload is not applied as expected. There's a protection to prevent Damage Fatigue from triggering a non-hostile enemy (e.g. for N0B00Y08) and effect system considers the player as non-hostile to player, thus breaking payload.

I've fixed this now since it's a quick change. Cheers. :)

Teralitha

Re: [0.11.2] Damage Fatigue Spell Doesnt Work On Self

Post by Teralitha »

Ah, so trying to knock out an enemy with damage fatigue is pointless. Thats too bad.