[MOD] LevelUp Adjuster

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Amoureux

Re: [MOD] LevelUp Adjuster

Post by Amoureux »

Ralzar wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:56 pm Could you take a picture of the mod settings for LevelUp Adjuster as well? To see how you've set it to act.
Here you go, my settings for level up adjuster

Level up adjuster settings.png
Level up adjuster settings.png (1.34 MiB) Viewed 2598 times

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

Amoureux wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:59 pm So I'm having a weird issue where I set my Level up adjuster to give me 5 to 8 points per level, and when I started with my character the adjuster showed it was working by mentioned that my stats were adjusted by 0 once they started off, yet when I leveled up, I am still getting 4 points, and this happened each time I reloaded my save. Is there a particular spot in the load order this mod should be? What other mods could mess with the points distributed on level up, because I'm pretty sure I'm not using any mods that would.

Edit: Yeah I'm only ever getting 4 points no matter what I do, so I'm just confused at what's going on.
This sounds familiar.... Doesnt it, Ralzar? Sounds alot like the topic I made in help&support that you commented on recently... Always getting the same numbers every reload... You know, the conversation where interkarma was shaming me for being a dirty save scummer? This would suggest it has nothing to do with your mod, since I had the same problem before I ever had a mod installed, and it appears this issue has been going on for some time, based on some other replies I am reading in this topic.

Anyway. ive got your mod installed now, and it doesnt seem to be working in the latest DFU 0.11.2. Possibly longer then that. Does anyone have this mod installed in the current (or recent) DFU and its working?

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Teralitha wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:31 pm
Ralzar wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:10 am Got to agree with IK here, that savescumming was never part of the intended design of the game. It just happened to work.

If you want max HP and Attribute Points each level it would be a lot easier to use my LevelUp Adjuster mod to just set them to max instead of savescumming.
I think this mod is not working fully in the latest DFU 0.11.2. Or perhaps a mod conflict. When I level up, its still the same vanilla random. The only options I changed were so that I always get +6 attrib and max health. Here are my mods:

Levelup adjuster
Splat
Distant terrain
enhanced sky
Basic roads
travel options
convenient clock
World of daggerfall
location loader
rocks of daggerfall
mountains & hills
Temples and Templar orders quest pack
DREAM
Taverns redone
I'm using it myself with over 30 mods and I saw it just trigger a few hours ago. I've had intermittent reports of this and what I suspect is going on is that there's a few mods that are causing a bug the overflows into other mods. Try changing the position of LevelUp Adjuster in your mod order list.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

Ralzar wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:47 pm
Teralitha wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:31 pm
Ralzar wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:10 am Got to agree with IK here, that savescumming was never part of the intended design of the game. It just happened to work.

If you want max HP and Attribute Points each level it would be a lot easier to use my LevelUp Adjuster mod to just set them to max instead of savescumming.
I think this mod is not working fully in the latest DFU 0.11.2. Or perhaps a mod conflict. When I level up, its still the same vanilla random. The only options I changed were so that I always get +6 attrib and max health. Here are my mods:

Levelup adjuster
Splat
Distant terrain
enhanced sky
Basic roads
travel options
convenient clock
World of daggerfall
location loader
rocks of daggerfall
mountains & hills
Temples and Templar orders quest pack
DREAM
Taverns redone
I'm using it myself with over 30 mods and I saw it just trigger a few hours ago. I've had intermittent reports of this and what I suspect is going on is that there's a few mods that are causing a bug the overflows into other mods. Try changing the position of LevelUp Adjuster in your mod order list.

I turned off all mods except for the leveler and it was working. So one of my other mods is conflicting. Ill test to find out which one and let you know. BTW, which end of the priority list should the level mod go? Top or bottom?

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

Well I found one of the culprits so far.. Enhanced Sky. There is at least one or more still that are breaking it. Still testing.. Found the other culprit.

So these 2 files were causing the level mod to quit working:

Enhanced Sky
Locationloader

I bet they were breaking some other mods I couldnt get working too...

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

There used to be a problem with some mods causing other mods to bug out. This led to some pretty hard to track down problems. As the mod could work fine but cause one or several later mods to not work right.

This was solved by making a pre-compiler that could be used when building the mod. I’m betting some mods, that should, are not using the precompiler option causing other mods to bug out.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

When using the "Retroactive Endurance" option, it is adding a cumulative number of hp each level. For example, my character has 60 endurance, which is +1 hp on level up. So, with max health(+30+1) at level 2 I have a max health of 86. (Started with 55). Upon reaching level 3, I received 30+2+ hp for a total of 118. So it is giving me an extra point.

I assume that "retroactive" means that if i were to increase my endurance later in the game that i would then gain all those bonus HP per level from endurance i would have gotten had my end started at that level. If it is working as intended, then "retroactive" is the wrong term to use to describe the option. It would be "cumulative."

If this is not intended behavior, well then now you know there is a problem.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Compatibility update for v0.11.4

Daedro

Post by Daedro »

Filtered through trial and error, levelup adjuster stops working with wilderness overhaul mod for me.
13.2b daggerfall version, tested with 'adjust starting attributes', set by 50.

Tried with load priority 0 and latest, no changes. Works with everything else though
Played my character for 20-30 hours with this mod, to realise it wasnt working :D oh well.. if i didnt notice RNG leveling for that long, it really not bothered me until now :D

full mod list sorted by priority
Spoiler!
LevelUp Adjuster
Airships
Animated People
Archaeologists
BasicRoads
Birds in Daggerfall
Detailed City Walls
Convenient Quest Log
DraftySecretDoors
Hotkey Bar
Enhanced Sky
Daggerfall Skyshards
Expand Dyed Clothes
Distant Terrain
Interesting Eroded Terrains
Decorator
Fixed Dungeon Exteriors
LocationLoader
Handpainted Models - buildings
Handpainted Models - Main
LimitedGoldShops
RepairTools
Paints And Dyes
Quest Offer Locations
Taverns Redone
Telescope
Lively Cities
Soldier's Luxury(Renovation Project)
Unofficial Block, Location and Models Fixes
uBLaMF - Map Blocks addon
Dungeon Loot
Torch Taker
TravelOptions
UncannyUI
VillagerVariety
Improved Interior Lighting
RoleplayRealism
RoleplayRealism-Items
Kab's Scalable Speed
Skill Books
Unleveled Loot
Unleveled Speels
Unleveled Mobs
Levitate Redone
World Tooltips
Just rechecked that list, and everything works ...i hope everything

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Daedro wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:39 pm Filtered through trial and error, levelup adjuster stops working with wilderness overhaul mod for me.
13.2b daggerfall version, tested with 'adjust starting attributes', set by 50.

Tried with load priority 0 and latest, no changes. Works with everything else though
Played my character for 20-30 hours with this mod, to realise it wasnt working :D oh well.. if i didnt notice RNG leveling for that long, it really not bothered me until now :D

full mod list sorted by priority
Spoiler!
LevelUp Adjuster
Airships
Animated People
Archaeologists
BasicRoads
Birds in Daggerfall
Detailed City Walls
Convenient Quest Log
DraftySecretDoors
Hotkey Bar
Enhanced Sky
Daggerfall Skyshards
Expand Dyed Clothes
Distant Terrain
Interesting Eroded Terrains
Decorator
Fixed Dungeon Exteriors
LocationLoader
Handpainted Models - buildings
Handpainted Models - Main
LimitedGoldShops
RepairTools
Paints And Dyes
Quest Offer Locations
Taverns Redone
Telescope
Lively Cities
Soldier's Luxury(Renovation Project)
Unofficial Block, Location and Models Fixes
uBLaMF - Map Blocks addon
Dungeon Loot
Torch Taker
TravelOptions
UncannyUI
VillagerVariety
Improved Interior Lighting
RoleplayRealism
RoleplayRealism-Items
Kab's Scalable Speed
Skill Books
Unleveled Loot
Unleveled Speels
Unleveled Mobs
Levitate Redone
World Tooltips
Just rechecked that list, and everything works ...i hope everything
Is that mod published though? And being worked on? And have a version that supports 0.13+ ?