Where is the Z.CFG File?

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Consequence of Grace

Where is the Z.CFG File?

Post by Consequence of Grace »

I cannot find the Z.CFG file anywhere.

Can I create it myself and where should I put it?

I did a quick search of the forum, does "CHEATMODE 1" still not work in Unity?

Cheers!

;)

Hazelnut

Re: Where is the Z.CFG File?

Post by Hazelnut »

Why would it work in DFU? Those are the cheats for the original daggerfall code, DFU is a ground up re-implementation of the game, not a source port. The console in DFU is much more powerful, give it a try.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Consequence of Grace

Oh, I assumed that Unity had revamped the original Daggerfall, improved graphics and fixed bugs. And Z.CFG is part of the original Daggerfall.

The problem with the console is that I have to open it during the game instead of pressing a key, and that's not always convenient.

Is it possible yet to bind any console functions to a key?

Cheers.

pango

Post by pango »

Consequence of Grace wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:33 pm Is it possible yet to bind any console functions to a key?
You can choose what key to bind to open the console (from Options menu: Controls / Advanced / Console), and then console has an history that you can browse with up and down arrow keys
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

yabay

Post by yabay »

There is excellent help for console commands:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall_Mod ... ty/Console

(this help needed example for command "add_clothing" like this "add_clothing Male Shoes Breton Grey")

Much more possibilities then just hacking Z.CFG file.

But there are many more possibilities when direct editing the "SaveData.txt" file in your savegame folder. "Notepad++" very handy for this purpose.

Consequence of Grace

pango wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:29 am
Consequence of Grace wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:33 pm Is it possible yet to bind any console functions to a key?
You can choose what key to bind to open the console (from Options menu: Controls / Advanced / Console), and then console has an history that you can browse with up and down arrow keys
Not what I asked.

I asked if it is possible to bind console FUNCTIONS to a key, not open the console with a different key to `

:lol:

Consequence of Grace

yabay wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:48 am There is excellent help for console commands:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall_Mod ... ty/Console

(this help needed example for command "add_clothing" like this "add_clothing Male Shoes Breton Grey")

Much more possibilities then just hacking Z.CFG file.

But there are many more possibilities when direct editing the "SaveData.txt" file in your savegame folder. "Notepad++" very handy for this purpose.
Thanks, I'll take a look at that.

I am not really interested in any other possibilities or how clever the conole is. I want some of the classic Cheatmode 1 options, that's all. Although, I think DFU removed or "fixed" the place where we could open all the chests in an inn, get Daedric weapons, teleport home and go back and do the same again. So maybe console cheating in a Daedric wakiashi might be useful for my Shadowblade. Was it Sleeping Giant Inn?

I like to play Daggerfall now and then when there's been a few new Unity updates, but that's only a few times a year when I am bored of my MMO. I bought the CD when it was first released, so I've played thousands of times. I was also working on an Alchemists Guild. I've mapped it all out, but actually creating the mod is beyond me at the moment.

I want to bind console functions to their own key because a single key press for teleporting through a dungeon when I am bored to death being lost for five days ([ and ]) or emergency GodMode is vastly, infinitly more convenient than pressing `, scrolling through a list and then typing a command. I also like to use MagicRepair.

Anyway, thanks for that link.

:D

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

That is what DFU offers. If that is not to your liking, you are free not to use it. Have a wonderful day :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Consequence of Grace wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:36 pm Although, I think DFU removed or "fixed" the place where we could open all the chests in an inn, get Daedric weapons, teleport home and go back and do the same again.
This was neither removed or fixed. :) Daggerfall Unity is not a source port, it's a ground up remake with a new code base, and DFU never had this bug/exploit in the first place. So quite the opposite of removing it, we'd rather have to implement the bug on purpose.

If you want a Daedric Wakazashi, you can use the below console command. Be sure to copy-paste it, spelling and casing are important.

Code: Select all

add_weapon Wakazashi Daedric
Here's a link with all the weapon and material codes.

If you'd like to teleport around quest markers (similar to using [ and ] cheat in classic) This function is part of the quest debugger in DFU. You'll first need to enable quest debugger by changing EnableQuestDebugger in settings.ini like below.

Code: Select all

EnableQuestDebugger = True
When inside a dungeon, open quest debugger using Ctrl+Shift+D (press again a couple times to cycle close). While quest debugger is open, cycle around markers using Ctrl+Shift+Up and Ctrl+Shift+Down (up and down referring to cursor arrow keys).

pango

Post by pango »

I think the original question received all the attention it deserved
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart