a few other problems

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
traianus

a few other problems

Post by traianus »

my character once in a while will die on est even thought he is healthyy does anyone know why? and also in some taverns the owner will accuse me of stealing something and have a guy attack me but then i get in trouble?

pango

Re: a few other problems

Post by pango »

traianus wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:03 am my character once in a while will die on est even thought he is healthyy does anyone know why?
You've probably been poisoned or diseased, when it happens you're not immediately aware of your condition.
traianus wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:03 am and also in some taverns the owner will accuse me of stealing something and have a guy attack me but then i get in trouble?
Sounds like A Mix-Up quest
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

traianus

Post by traianus »

thanks i figured out about the quest. but about the other proble when that happens i check my status and it says healthy so im dont understand why he only sometime dies on res t as far acan tell there is no reason for it.

traianus

Post by traianus »

tand i have a few other questions for anyone like how do i raise my rep with the mages guild so i can join them? and how come quite frequently my journal quest secttion beecoms blank even tho i have active quests.

pango

Post by pango »

traianus wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:56 am thanks i figured out about the quest. but about the other proble when that happens i check my status and it says healthy so im dont understand why he only sometime dies on res t as far acan tell there is no reason for it.
Again, diseases have incubation period, and you may not be immediately aware you've been poisoned. You can read more about diseases and poisons mechanisms, say in the UESP:
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Poison
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Diseases
traianus wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:09 am tand i have a few other questions for anyone like how do i raise my rep with the mages guild so i can join them? and how come quite frequently my journal quest secttion beecoms blank even tho i have active quests.
Most obvious way to gain rep with a guild you're not part of is to do non-member quests.
Latter sounds like a bug, but I don't remember known open bugs related to the journal. What version of Daggerfall Unity are you running? Are you using mods? Could you attach a zipped gamesave so we could check if that's related to a specific quest, for example.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

TacticalTrickery

Post by TacticalTrickery »

pango wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:37 am
traianus wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:56 am ...about the other proble when that happens i check my status and it says healthy so im dont understand why he only sometime dies on res t as far acan tell there is no reason for it.
Again, diseases have incubation period... https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Diseases
To be clear, in case the word incubation is not understood, it's like IRL with infections: Someone coughs in your face early in morning and it hits you right in the eyes (you feel it hit them), but at lunch time you feel fine still and go about your day. In the evening at home, you start to notice you have a sore throat "out of no where" and then remember the person coughing in your face from 10 hours ago. Now, and only now, do you have an idea that you are actually sick. [That's why there's an intentional delay in the status page; incubation-period.]

It's the same deal here, except instead of a cold, you can have a disease that lowers one of your core attributes slowly towards zero (which kills). You were coughed on by a zombie, and a rat bit cha thru your worn-out boots... but while you sped up time resting, loitering, or fast-traveling somewhere before you knew you're actually ill, an attribute tanked to zero during time-travel and you insta-died! Welcome to old-school gaming.
traianus wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:09 am ...how come quite frequently my journal quest secttion beecoms blank even tho i have active quests.
Are you fast-traveling a great distance by land or sea, with a great deal of calendar time flying by in an instant... because if you are, and that blows past the deadline for every currently active quest in your journal, there will be no more active quests.
ENEMY SPELLBOOK @Nexus: Yellow-square spam, be gone!!
Ancient African proverb: To go fast, go alone. To go far, go together. ~ Humanity's greatest strength is in each other... don't waste it.

traianus

Post by traianus »

I WOULD ATTACH A ZIP OF MY SAVE GAME BUT IM RETARDED WHEN IT COMES TO COMPUTERS. when i tried to mod morrowind with tamriel rebuilt it took a day to figure it out and it still wouldnt work right. but i have the gog version with no other mods installed.

traianus

Post by traianus »

i know it seems like all i do is complain on here but i do appreciate how difficult it must have been to build a classic old game from scratch in a new engine and a really great job was done with it.

TacticalTrickery

Post by TacticalTrickery »

traianus wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:53 am i know it seems like all i do is complain on here but i do appreciate how difficult it must have been to build a classic old game from scratch in a new engine and a really great job was done with it.
8-) No worries, ma-man... many ppl are happy to try'n help. It's definitely the old-school way; I wish that was still common everywhere.
traianus wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:49 am I WOULD ATTACH A ZIP OF MY SAVE GAME BUT IM RETARDED WHEN IT COMES TO COMPUTERS. when i tried to mod morrowind with tamriel rebuilt it took a day to figure it out and it still wouldnt work right. but i have the gog version with no other mods installed.
Save Location -- Linux:
/home/<Username>/.config/unity3d/Daggerfall Workshop/Daggerfall Unity/Saves

Save Location -- Windoze: (I think it's something like this, some1 else plz confirm/correct)
C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\LocalLow??\Daggerfall Workshop\Daggerfall Unity\Saves

Not sure if the GOG-ver uses a different path, since I haven't tried that version yet.
Attachments
AttachFiles.png
AttachFiles.png (92.36 KiB) Viewed 631 times
ENEMY SPELLBOOK @Nexus: Yellow-square spam, be gone!!
Ancient African proverb: To go fast, go alone. To go far, go together. ~ Humanity's greatest strength is in each other... don't waste it.