[DFUnity] Russian translation

Discuss translation of Daggerfall Unity and the required Daggerfall installation. Help other communities learn how to translate Daggerfall using any available tools and processes.
Jovan Garza

Re: [DFUnity] Russian translation

Post by Jovan Garza »

Lamia wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:08 amit would be great is someone could compile in-game text into easily editable format
It seems that what you need is already implemented.

However, it is impossible to translate this game alone. Have you already chosen the team you will join for translation?
Last edited by Jovan Garza on Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

From 0.15, in-game text tables can be replaced using simple CSV files. I'll be including a zip with release to use as a starting point. The below thread on twitter has more details about Localization in 0.15.

https://twitter.com/gav_clayton/status/ ... 3619715074

Once 0.15 is stable, I'm planning a new blog post detailing how to translate DFU using these new localization capabilities.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Just to refresh the memory :) I have all empty DREAM tabs ready for ppl who wants to make any translation compatible with DREAM. Just let me know if anyone ever needs that. Welcome to the forums!
OPTN00I0.IMG.png
OPTN00I0.IMG.png (595.53 KiB) Viewed 2556 times

llennellened

Post by llennellened »

Adaptation old translation https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/384 for 0.14.5
BIOGs, Quests - translated by replacing the content
Textures - converted graphics (Sorry, the original, not a D.R.E.A.M.)
Video - added subtitles
The rest was not supported at the time of release 0.14.5
Interkarma wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:17 am From 0.15, in-game text tables can be replaced using simple CSV files
Since the keys of the quest positions do not match, then you should not count on the converter here?

Will there be BOOKs support? Will there be a converter?

Alexium67

Post by Alexium67 »

Hi! I am trying to fix some mistakes in the Russian translation for my friend. I found a strange problem with questions about class generation. Sometimes English text is used in some random questions. I have double checked Internal_RSS.csv file, but I still face this problem.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Hey. :) Have a look for errors in the player log (how to locate). If DFU can't read the text for any reason (e.g. the CSV is malformed in some way) then it will fallback to the built-in text tables. There might be errors in the log that help diagnose.

If you can also zip up your Internal_RSC.csv file and font, and attach them here, I'll be able to take a look and hopefully reproduce what's happening.

Alexium67

Post by Alexium67 »

Here is zip file with font and Internal_RSC.csv. I hope it may help. Tryed to check log but not found any CSV issues. Only warning about the font:

Code: Select all

Some default characters could not be found in font FONT0003-SDF: 'Œ[338] œ[339] –[8211] —[8212] †[8224] ‡[8225] •[8226] …[8230] ‰[8240] ':  
P.S. By the way I found one thing in Internal_RSC.csv - 9000.3 used twice even in the original file. I think second record should be 9000.30

P.S.S. Not only 9000.3, but all values like 10, 20, 30, 40 in that block.

Edited message to fix mistakes.
Attachments
Files.zip
(158.69 KiB) Downloaded 24 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thank you for files. Yeah, those IDs are incorrect. After question 9, these should be "9000.10", "9000.20", "9000.30", "9000.40". The built-in tables have the correct IDs, so something went wrong with export.

Thanks for pointing this out. I'll patch this in master CSV in next release. If you patch these IDs on your end, does it fix the problem you're experiencing?

Jagget

Post by Jagget »

Alexium67 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:07 pm Hi! I am trying to fix some mistakes in the Russian translation for my friend.
That's gonna be me.
Interkarma wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:35 pm Thank you for files. Yeah, those IDs are incorrect. After question 9, these should be "9000.10", "9000.20", "9000.30", "9000.40". The built-in tables have the correct IDs, so something went wrong with export.

Thanks for pointing this out. I'll patch this in master CSV in next release. If you patch these IDs on your end, does it fix the problem you're experiencing?
With changed IDs it seems like this issue is gone. There's one other, though.

The game never loads this localized quest. I see it always in English.

DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\Text\Quests\_TUTOR__-LOC.txt
But if I replace this file's content, it works. It's translated and works alright. But that's not right.

DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\Quests\_TUTOR__.txt
Daggerfall Russian Translation

Jagget

Post by Jagget »

Also, could you please elaborate more on the BIOGs files? Like, here, I do have 2 files BIOG07T0.TXT (original) and BIOG07T1.TXT (translated) //just an example. I actually have all BIOG files in pairs.
And the game sometimes takes one, sometimes another. There's nothing in logs about that.
Or am I doing something wrong?
Because if I just replace – it's translated, yeah. But I would like to utilize that INDEX feature for translation.
Daggerfall Russian Translation