Making a multiplayer mod using Mirror

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
Visty

Re: Making a multiplayer mod using Mirror

Post by Visty »

Hello!

I tried your mod and really like it so far. A question: I have the NPC health bar mod installed and realized that the monster HPs don't change on my screen when the other player hits a monster. They just suddenly die (go from 100% HP to 0) when the other player kills it. Am I understanding it correctly that currently there are only an alive and dead status for every monster as far as HP sync goes? So 2 players can't really fight together to kill a monster, it is more of a who kills it first? I found it strange, other than that it's a super impressive mod!

Y07A

Post by Y07A »

Visty wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:27 am Hello!

I tried your mod and really like it so far. A question: I have the NPC health bar mod installed and realized that the monster HPs don't change on my screen when the other player hits a monster. They just suddenly die (go from 100% HP to 0) when the other player kills it. Am I understanding it correctly that currently there are only an alive and dead status for every monster as far as HP sync goes? So 2 players can't really fight together to kill a monster, it is more of a who kills it first? I found it strange, other than that it's a super impressive mod!
You are understanding right, for now, monsters health is not sync, but this will be added in next release surely.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

I'm absolutely blown away by this! Amazing work. Was able to play with my gf flawlessly.

Bondzik

Post by Bondzik »

I cant wait for next update - good job friend!

Y07A

Post by Y07A »

Hey here, I've been very busy lately, I made an other release on GitHub !

I corrected some disconnections issues, I think the build is "stable" now.

Let me know if you have issues.

Link of the 0.7:
https://github.com/EmptyBottleInc/DFU-T ... es/tag/0.7

Hazelnut

Re: Compilation Error CS1043

Post by Hazelnut »

BadLuckBurt wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:56 pm I googled the error and I think it's because there are parts of your code written in a C# syntax that is newer than what the mod compiler can handle. It's not the same compiler as Unity if I remember correctly.
Sorry I am very late to this thread, but you're correct the MCS compiler is quite different. However if you pre-compile the mod then it's not used and instead the same version of C# as DFU project uses is used to compile up front.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Bondzik

Post by Bondzik »

hello!

I find the problem. Second player can't see location to quest - location sharing does not working.

FrancoStrider

Post by FrancoStrider »

I'm sorry, does this work outside of Steam? I'm having trouble switching my DFU set up to the steam release.

Any help would be great!

Edit: Figured it out. Nevermind.

FrancoStrider

Post by FrancoStrider »

So, I'm going to make a quick suggestion that might help with timing.

I would add in the option to teleport to the other player. That way, one person can fast travel, that time is used by the first one, and the second can just teleport without wasting more in game time and making the quest harder.

I know there are console codes, but having a quick command at the ready would ease a lot of problems.

But I will say, thank you so much for making this mod. Daggerfall is one of my wife's favorite games and I'm so happy to be playing it with her.

FrancoStrider

Post by FrancoStrider »

Okay, wife and I gave a couple of quests a shot.
- There is some problems with enemies not appearing for both (we've found that saving at roughly the same time can alleviate some issues).
- Modded quests can have shared enemies (that one Morrowind related modded quest, and the Power Struggle quests). The normal quests do not sync up and therefore objectives only appear to the holder of the quest.
- Something weird has been happening where the invited party has sudden reputation sinks (which might be a modded quest). This is thankfully alleved by consoles codes.

But overall, so far so good.