Non-violent corpses patch

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Jay_H

Non-violent corpses patch

Post by Jay_H »

Hi everyone, I'm following username's lead and uploading this collection of sprites for dead enemies. This is intended for anyone who finds Daggerfall's typical corpse style to be over-the-top with blood. It must be unzipped in \DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\Textures, and then the setup option for graphical mods must be enabled.

Download link

I don't claim perfection and people are free to improve on these.

Here are a few examples: http://imgur.com/a/yUerm

Last edited by Jay_H on Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:14 am, edited 5 times in total.

username

Re: Non-violent corpses patch

Post by username »

This is really cool! That being said this might not be compatible with my mod due to overwriting files, just probably something you should note :) .
Check out my patch to remove nudity, it's a WIP but it's coming along quite nicely.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

No problem. The idea was to change the Nymph corpse to a human one and the Seducer corpse to the clothed one, which would be coherent with your patch, but if they have conflicts we'll just see what happens.

username

Post by username »

Jay_H wrote:No problem. The idea was to change the Nymph corpse to a human one and the Seducer corpse to the clothed one, which would be coherent with your patch, but if they have conflicts we'll just see what happens.
If you've done that then never mind ;).
Check out my patch to remove nudity, it's a WIP but it's coming along quite nicely.

username

Post by username »

If both mods fit together then would you consider a combination of both our patches? It could be named it something like your "ESRB sprite mod" or whatever name you gave to it.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I get the sense people would want the option for either or both of them. If people install my Nonviolent Corpses No Nudity with your patch, that'll do it all.

If you want to combine them I won't stop you :) I do want the separate options to be available for my part.

username

Post by username »

Jay_H wrote:I get the sense people would want the option for either or both of them. If people install my Nonviolent Corpses No Nudity with your patch, that'll do it all.

If you want to combine them I won't stop you :) I do want the separate options to be available for my part.
I didn't mean merge them, I just meant link to a combination of both these patches on both the separate threads just to make it easier to find and install both of these. Just to clarify I mean add NOT replace.

I actually don't mind the violence but would rather avoid the nudity so I would probably only install mine anyway but some people might want both which is why I'm suggesting this.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Perfectly agreeable. I'll add the link to your topic and a description.

username

Post by username »

Jay_H wrote:Perfectly agreeable. I'll add the link to your topic and a description.
I've added a link to yours to now :), if you think I should change anything don't hesitate to say so.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

This mod is finished, so I'll request that it be moved.

Thank you!