Modern Interface

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Hazelnut

Re: Modern Interface

Post by Hazelnut »

I hope people are liking the info panel now it's in the latest build. Note the scrolling update issue has been fixed, but it was a little tricky. Fix will be in next build.

Anyway, as I said I would, I've been working on enhanced item lists that still work within the classic inventory UI confines. Here's what it's looking like. Bit busy, and the text labels are misaligned, but it works really well - especially if you have a full cart!

What do you all think? Anyone want this?
enhancedItemList.png
enhancedItemList.png (500.03 KiB) Viewed 3761 times
(note: right click and view image, then click to see full size)
Last edited by Hazelnut on Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

NikitaTheTanner

Post by NikitaTheTanner »

It does look much better overall already! Keep up the good work, Haz! I love it :)

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Hazelnut wrote:
Looking forward to a video showing bow action!

8-)

(and hopefully all the inventory/trade stuff I've been working on will get a look in too)
Prepare yourself to bask in the glory of your creation.
It looks GOOOOOOD.
I love this build :D :D :D
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I say it'll only feel busy until you get used to it. To me it's intuitive and it fits into the existing UI.

The text box is fantastic, by the way. Your improvements have been brilliant.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

This looks and feels great, Hazelnut. Will update builds when I can to get this out to everybody.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Interkarma wrote:This looks and feels great, Hazelnut. Will update builds when I can to get this out to everybody.
I (jokingly) feel like there'll have to be a "bleeding edge" update schedule to accommodate the stream of awesomeness everyone's developing :D

quasifex

Post by quasifex »

This new inventory definitely is going to be better than original. But i think it could be pushed even further. I came up with this layout concept. What do you think, is it possible to implement it?
Attachments
enhancedItemList_2.0_concept.jpg
enhancedItemList_2.0_concept.jpg (236.57 KiB) Viewed 3714 times

Arl

Post by Arl »

Hazelnut wrote:I hope people are liking the info panel now it's in the latest build. Note the scrolling update issue has been fixed, but it was a little tricky. Fix will be in next build.

Anyway, as I said I would, I've been working on enhanced item lists that still work within the classic inventory UI confines. Here's what it's looking like. Bit busy, and the text labels are misaligned, but it works really well - especially if you have a full cart!

What do you all think? Anyone want this?

enhancedItemList.png

(note: right click and view image, then click to see full size)

Oh my! this is amazing!

I already tolerate vanilla inventory just fine, but this would be a must have for me from now on.
My Deviantart page, I have some Daggerfall stuff in there.

Biboran

Post by Biboran »

I think it possible to remove this buttons like "info" "gold" "wagon" etc. since you now able to see info and make all that operation without buttons. Also I think it possible to show info when you place cursor on object and info pop out like in morrowind

Feralwarlord

Post by Feralwarlord »

Biboran wrote:I think it possible to remove this buttons like "info" "gold" "wagon" etc. since you now able to see info and make all that operation without buttons. Also I think it possible to show info when you place cursor on object and info pop out like in morrowind
wagon is still necessary for the buy/sell window