Console command request (hope not posted)

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
NecroViolator

Console command request (hope not posted)

Post by NecroViolator »

Searched for it could not find it , sorry.

Was wondering if it was possible for a Quest Timer Freeze or Turn Off ? (console command)
Please, I cant take the stress of looking for 6 giants and time runs out.
So stressful the Quest Timer is. Sorry.

Interkarma

Re: Console command request (hope not posted)

Post by Interkarma »

This is almost impossible to do, I'm sorry. Quest victory and failure conditions are defined per script, there's no single time limit variable. Each quest script is like a small program all to itself.

Naively disabling timers would have the side effect of stopping timed parts of quests from progressing. For example, many quests require the player to wait some amount of days before quest will progress (Brisienna, Lhotun, Helseth, many more). Turning off timers would effectively freeze those quests.

The only solution would be to allow command to freeze a particular timer, but you would first have to read the script and understand what each timer does to make sure you're not actually breaking the quest by doing so.

The best answer is just to avoid some of the uglier quests like the giants. I don't like that one much either. :)

NecroViolator

Re: Console command request (hope not posted)

Post by NecroViolator »

Thank you for your reply.

Thanks.