Real grass

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Interkarma

Re: Real grass

Postby Interkarma » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:35 am

Your harvesting looks incredible, TheLacus! It's hard not to get carried away with ideas of mobile potions, poisons, cooking, distilling, pacifistic gathering quests, and so on. So much could be done with this at the core of it all. :)
Sun's Dawn

Postby Sun's Dawn » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:25 pm

Yes, great feature TheLacus!

This may be off topic, although it relates to foraging, but making all the shelves and crates in dungeons and towns searchable would also be a nice feature. (Maybe this should be discussed in another tread.)
StarMadeKnight

Postby StarMadeKnight » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:34 pm

Could the grass system be used to render AlexanderSig's remodeled shelves so that they can be marked as harvestable the same way that the plant containers are?
AlexanderSig

Postby AlexanderSig » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:44 pm

StarMadeKnight wrote:Could the grass system be used to render AlexanderSig's remodeled shelves so that they can be marked as harvestable the same way that the plant containers are?

I'd like that :)
TheLacus

Postby TheLacus » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:10 pm

StarMadeKnight wrote:Could the grass system be used to render AlexanderSig's remodeled shelves so that they can be marked as harvestable the same way that the plant containers are?

Isn't this part of vanilla behaviour? I'm not sure what you already could do in original game. Anyway i agree, expanding support for shelves and crates seems a nice feature.
If you are interested in creating mods for Daggerfall Unity you can find the documentation here.
Jay_H

Postby Jay_H » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:53 pm

I believe that refers to shelves in dungeons and in houses, which in classic have no interaction.
Come give your feedback on the ideas in my general thread, and share your DFU characters in the character thread.
Quest-writing tutorial here. Guide for new Daggerfall players here. Daggerfall Mechanics thread here.
Hazelnut

Postby Hazelnut » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:33 pm

I think it's a nice idea, but I'm having trouble thinking of something worthwhile that they could contain that would not affect the balance of the game. The best idea I have is random potion ingredients, but most people ignore them anyway so seems a little pointless.

(as opposed to plants containing specific ingredients which is worthwhile since players interested can go seek appropriate plants)
Nystul

Postby Nystul » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:00 pm

house shelves could contain valuable items, that could be stolen if players pickpocket skill is high enough.
dungeon shelves could contain less valuable items, broken items and maybe rarely better stuff. just a balancing thing imho
Sun's Dawn

Postby Sun's Dawn » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:59 am

Hazelnut wrote:I think it's a nice idea, but I'm having trouble thinking of something worthwhile that they could contain that would not affect the balance of the game. The best idea I have is random potion ingredients, but most people ignore them anyway so seems a little pointless.

(as opposed to plants containing specific ingredients which is worthwhile since players interested can go seek appropriate plants)
If there is a rare chance to find valuable items, there would be a reason to search them, while not changing the game balance to much. So, most often you would find stuff like ingredients, but on rare occasions you could by chance find better stuff.

Nystul wrote:house shelves could contain valuable items, that could be stolen if players pickpocket skill is high enough. dungeon shelves could contain less valuable items, broken items and maybe rarely better stuff. just a balancing thing imho
Agreed.
TheLacus

Postby TheLacus » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:09 pm

Nystul wrote:house shelves could contain valuable items, that could be stolen if players pickpocket skill is high enough.
dungeon shelves could contain less valuable items, broken items and maybe rarely better stuff. just a balancing thing imho

This sound reasonable, nice idea.

I'll release a first version in the next few days, then i'll give AlexanderSig an adapted script for shelves.
If you are interested in creating mods for Daggerfall Unity you can find the documentation here.

Return to “Creator's Corner”