Daggerfall Unity 0.4.x - "DragonBreak" Update

For all talk about quest development - creation, testing, and quest system.
Interkarma

Re: Daggerfall Unity 0.4.x - "DragonBreak" Update

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for the feedback. I'll need to check the wayrest painting again, I don't recall it being misaligned. Will see what I can do to fix.

CM August

Post by CM August »

Sorry, I edited my earlier post to add more stuff; I made further discoveries after picking up the painting. They're a tad more interesting than the graphic alignment issue :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

There are some quest actions yet to be implemented, such as executing a task WhenItemDropped. Will those fit in by 0.4 stable, or do they belong to the Guilds update?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

CM August wrote: The Wayrest painting flat itself is incorrectly half-buried in its pedestal.
Just looked into this one. Problem was introduced when I added support for mobile markers (as found in Daggerfall's treasury when lowering cage). This worked for non-quest billboards but broke quest item placement. Have fixed now and will be in next build.

Please note this will not fix alignment problems where quest/loot marker is actually misaligned in game data (e.g. bottom of marker not placed correctly on surface). That's a different problem to the one you raised, which was my fault. :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

CM August wrote:Only one real snag - I can't grab all that tasty loot in the treasure rooms! Not sure of the real cause, but it's seemingly all of the unique loot flats I haven't seen elsewhere in the game that don't respond to my clicks. For example, literally nothing in the special treasure vault could be picked up except for a "common" looking pile in the center. Too bad.
This kind of special pre-placed loot icon will receive a loot container matching dungeon type from next build.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Jay_H wrote:There are some quest actions yet to be implemented, such as executing a task WhenItemDropped. Will those fit in by 0.4 stable, or do they belong to the Guilds update?
I'll keep working through these as I can. But I promise I'll get at least get "dropped anItem at aPlace" working for you soon. :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Have no rush about it :)

CM August

Post by CM August »

That was fast. You fixed them already :) You the man.

I hope those additional painting-related issues aren't a headache either...
Spoiler!
CM August wrote:
  • Mousing over the painting in inventory glitches out the info box, and the info action doesn't work.
  • A read of UESP and the quest script suggests you can examine the painting more closely to witness an important plot point (message 1015 in script), but I can only get message 1013 to play.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

CM August wrote: Mousing over the painting in inventory glitches out the info box, and the info action doesn't work.
Looks like there are some unsupported text macros on the painting info message. This glitches the real-time info panel and prevents Info popup from working. This one falls more into Hazelnut's area, but I will take a look if he does not have time. I'll add a bug report for this now.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

CM August wrote: A read of UESP and the quest script suggests you can examine the painting more closely to witness an important plot point (message 1015 in script), but I can only get message 1013 to play.
This is fixed now and will be in next build.