NPC Flats - Waifu upscaling

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Midknightprince

Re: NPC Flats - Waifu upscaling

Post by Midknightprince »

King of Worms wrote:Haha thanks for comment, I need some cheer up from time to time. I have 1000+ resized flats now, its deffo not a super fast all-automatic process, but I like doing this, and I esp like to use the flats from the unused archives of the game, that gives us a bonus deffinition. I will release this as a test before christmass, in what-ever the state of progress this will be. We need some tweaking in the engine by The Lacus, until that happens, some of the flats will not be full res in game, but thats a matter of time - I speak about the 2k misc-super atlas which needs to be re-made in a same fashion like the rest of the atlases, Im sure it will be possible.

Also, I upscaled the map but I cant see it in game. That needs to be solved as well. Overall, I still have things to work on, and that is good. Progress is made on a daily basis.

I also do some improvement in animations as well. Did two NPCs, just added more animation fields, so it loops much better! I will do this whenever I see the chance to do it!
I wish I had time to spend on this stuff, plus, I'm lazy :lol:
Seriously tho (and I'm not trying to say what's best here) I really dig the old school look in yours...
They look new, but they still keep that beautiful classic look of DF.

No rush tho, I know this stuff takes time but wow, 1,000+ flats, that's some heavy duty stuff.
You need mead, lots and lots of mead...
Check out my YouTube Channel!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

For me its a time well spend :) I found a joy in it so I go on till it lasts and till I have a free time. Yes, I try to keep the oldskool look but improved, ingame it looks like it was always there, and thats what I aim for. I had my part of mead and whatever thru my life, now Im almost too much sober :lol: at least some change lol, being high all the time gets boring as well, after some decades that is :twisted:

Anyway, new guitar player, this one has better look in his face as well, I also improved the animation loop for him (and for the dancing girl in prev post as well)
tst.jpg
tst.jpg (469.93 KiB) Viewed 2810 times
Brown lady :) Now we can see the face, I also removed some magenta tints...
tstst.jpg
tstst.jpg (514.18 KiB) Viewed 2807 times
Last edited by King of Worms on Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

better resolution source, and his head looks like human and not like angry gnome... not sure if he is ingame tho.. but I guess if he is not, we can add him so it doesnt hurt to have this flat ready. I improved the flat with rubber and some other detailization nobody will notice but me :)
tsttsts.jpg
tsttsts.jpg (317.88 KiB) Viewed 2803 times

Midknightprince

Can you imagine how awesome all these are going to look in-game ?
I can...
In fact....I can see them in my game right now...you should release them piecemeal :D
I'm totally serious :D
For Christmas ? :D

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Muhahah! Well maybe I can do something this weekend... ;)
testsss.jpg
testsss.jpg (614.1 KiB) Viewed 2774 times
testssss.jpg
testssss.jpg (532.4 KiB) Viewed 2769 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I upscaled this dude and found something in his bottle
182_21-0 0.png
182_21-0 0.png (316.97 KiB) Viewed 2765 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I think we should try this flat instead, I wonder why they decided to remove the iron ball from him, as we can see it used to be there because there is a residue of iron chains on the smaller picture. I think its ok to have some prisoners... maybe it was removed because of the increased size of such a flat?
111.jpg
111.jpg (992.68 KiB) Viewed 2753 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

removed magenta tints, cleaned some lines, added some details...
testtest.jpg
testtest.jpg (425.33 KiB) Viewed 2747 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Waifu :P
this one is again from Big Flats archive. I added one missing golden ring, cleaned the outlines, repaired the staff and added a bit of length to it as well, few detail lines on the clothing, a bit of definition to the nipples and here we go. So much better than the original flat used in game. I still wonder why the archive "186 test big flats" did not make it to the game. But thanks god that it was not deleted...
tests01.jpg
tests01.jpg (808.83 KiB) Viewed 2738 times

Midknightprince

They all look pretty dang good I think.
Compared to how they look in all the other filter modes.
The npc's look washed out in DFU IMO with the filter on.
I was wondering why they look so much better in dosbox.
Like how you can change the scaler or whatever in the config file, and set it to sai, 2xsai, supereagle etc, makes them look like a painting, nice and crisp.
They look better in point filter, but the textures look too blocky for me.
So now, we get the cool smooth world textures, and the nice painted looking npc's (that are actually painted).