[MOD] Distant Terrain

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
chtujo

Re: [MOD] Distant Terrain

Post by chtujo »

Hi, I'm also having the issue with terrain seams. I'm using DFU 0.13.4, and Distant Terrain 2.9.1. I've set TerrainHeightmapPixelError to 1, but it hasn't solved the issue. This happens with or without improved terrain enabled, and even when Distant Terrain is the only mod enabled.
terrain gaps lq.png
terrain gaps lq.png (1.04 MiB) Viewed 3270 times
settings.ini.png
settings.ini.png (10.54 KiB) Viewed 3270 times
version.png
version.png (243.06 KiB) Viewed 3270 times

chtujo

Post by chtujo »

There are some other issues as well. The first is terrain discolouration, and the second is double sprites. Although the terrain discolouration, and terrain seams dissapear when you get close enough to them, the double sprites don't.
terrain discolouration lq.png
terrain discolouration lq.png (1.21 MiB) Viewed 3269 times
double sprites lq.png
double sprites lq.png (666.85 KiB) Viewed 3269 times

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

thank you for reporting
the double flats is an interesting issue - must be the terrain flats from transition ring not being destroyed correctly- have to take a look

the terrain discolouration and the remaining small seams are a limitation of the mod and i am aware of these but do not have a solution
I also think that the seams are caused by a limitation in unity terrain system (there was a terrain update 2,3 years ago which made them appear, before that this did not happen, even the terrain neighbors are registered correctly, but nevertheless the process of linking the terrain heights somehow does not work as intended - but this is unity terrain system stuff going on under the roof - no way to change this behaviour unfortunately)

Node

Post by Node »

So I posted in this thread a year ago looking for some help with the mod, and I got my issues sorted out. Fast forward a year later, I've got a new computer and I reinstalled the latest DFUnity and Distant Terrain and I'm having a couple of issues again. I know this thread isn't super active but I was hoping I could get some help. I took a couple screenshots outside of Privateer's Hold.

I'm just curious if that is what the game should look like, or if the artifacts can be fixed. The things I am noticing are 1) the coast nearest the player is a straight line, while the coast further out looks natural, 2) the seams (which are a little hard to notice with the snow) and 3) if there should be a very distinct and abrupt change in the shadows in the distance.

And just to be sure, does the draw distance look correct, as shown in the next screenshot?

Thanks!