KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by King of Worms »

Baptor

Post by Baptor »

EDIT: This issue is related to the issue on page 182 of this thread found here. KOW recommended getting the original files and this solves the issue. Highly recommended you use these files. I was using the ones from the UESP which I thought were legit but apparently still have lots of issues.

Having an issue with the leather greaves, they are gigantic for some reason. I uninstalled all mods and the issue is not there. I installed only Dream Paperdolls and the issue is there. So I am thinking it's a file in there somewhere. Does anyone else have this problem? If not does anyone know of a way to fix this? I can try to send someone a save file if they want it but I have tried uploading it here as a zip and despite it being only 300kb it won't attach for some reason.

1st SS: All mods installed
2nd SS: No mods installed (DFU vanilla)
3rd SS: Only Dream Paperdolls installed
Spoiler!
1Allmods.jpg
1Allmods.jpg (250.62 KiB) Viewed 1674 times
2nomods.jpg
2nomods.jpg (254.16 KiB) Viewed 1674 times
3dreampaperdollsonly.jpg
3dreampaperdollsonly.jpg (243.52 KiB) Viewed 1674 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi, yup, post a save file and I will take a look, thank you

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Havent posted a image for a year :D

This is new animated sprite added by Lively Cities, all these new sprites are now in HD. Ive added a lot of built-in mod compatibilities like this for a next release.

Hotkey toolbar is now compatible
Famous Faces + Lively cities mods
Aquatic Sprites
Climates & Calories and other Ralzars mods
Travel Options
Most likely the Extended texture set will receive a Dream version as well

Also a brand new reshade, which needs some testing on lower spec GFX cards. I have 3080 so Ive lost a touch a bit and Id be interested in some results.

But yea, it looks like a fairy tale now :D
DaggerfallUnity 2022-11-01 21-43-11.jpg
DaggerfallUnity 2022-11-01 21-43-11.jpg (666.92 KiB) Viewed 1278 times

ZerioctheTank

Post by ZerioctheTank »

I've said it before in DREAM's comment section on Nexus, but it's worth saying again. All the work you put into this mod really changed things for DFU for the better. This mod right here is the gold standard. I don't give an F about what others say about you or your mod. As far as I'm concern I personally wouldn't be playing DFU if DREAM didn't exist. So if my comment here comes off too much into circle jerk territory I'll gladly accept it. Thank you for all the hard work you've put into this mod.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

ZerioctheTank wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:00 pm I've said it before in DREAM's comment section on Nexus, but it's worth saying again. All the work you put into this mod really changed things for DFU for the better. This mod right here is the gold standard. I don't give an F about what others say about you or your mod. As far as I'm concern I personally wouldn't be playing DFU if DREAM didn't exist. So if my comment here comes off too much into circle jerk territory I'll gladly accept it. Thank you for all the hard work you've put into this mod.
Thank you :) Sometimes its good to just say these things out loud... there were loads of BShitters around, saying this, saying that, trying to cancel me, yada yada, thing is, DREAM lives on, will live on and they are god knows where eating the dust.

Ofc Dream is a entry gate for many ppl into DFU. And yes, Dream paved the way for many other modders to follow, just by doing it 1st and showing its working and possible. The 1000s of PMs and reports and work in cooperation with ppl besides me, like Lacus & Interkarma, who made it all possible and functional - its not visible now... when the modding just works like its expected. But it was not like this since start, apparently... and someone had to walk the path 1st, and I did that in terms of asset replacements of the whole game, during the years, with help of above mentioned ppl. Thats the reason Interkarma and Lacus are number 2 and 3 in Dream credits.

Anyway, there will be at least one more release, Im working on it now... maybe for the christmas again, or early 2023, who knows. It also depends on when DFU 1.0 will be released. I hope it happens early but I will not tie DREAM release to that.

NefariousTortoise

Post by NefariousTortoise »

Nice work. Looking forward to the next release. I agree it was stupid to permaban an influential modder like yourself from the discord over nothing. Discord mods need to get thicker skin.

nicksta1310

Post by nicksta1310 »

I never saw what happened on Discord, so I will keep my comments to the mod itself and offer a perspective from a player who doesn't call it "the gold standard" or a "must have" or "the only way to play DFU" etc.

Dream is an excellent project from a passionate fan of the game, but it has its disadvantages. Installing and enabling the entirety of the mod (i.e. all 12 components simultaneously) has a walled garden effect on the mod ecosystem: players are expected to limit their choices to mods and settings recommended by the Dream project "for best results." There's a reason why "does your mod work with Dream?" is the most frequent question I see on Nexus. I don't blame anyone for asking that question politely and I don't blame KoW for maintaining the most popular mod by a wide margin.

My point is that there are DFU mods on Nexus that enhance the gameplay and variety of assets, but they don't look good next to 100% Dream. Under those circumstances, I choose the gameplay and variety over 100% Dream. Therefore, I applaud KoW for structuring the mod so that players can enable as few of the components as they please (my installation runs 5 out of 12). I also recognise that KoW puts a lot of effort into working with other mod authors to bridge the gaps: I'm sure that he doesn't like the walled garden effect any more than I do.

I'm glad that Dream exists (especially when I look at the paperdoll), but I would prefer that some of its fans avoid treating it like a de facto standard that other mods should support 100% in order to be worthy. I would also prefer that some of its fans be careful what they wish for when looking at the 2D assets.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Well its as u said, DREAM is modular for a reason, and you can overwrite any part of it. Yes, there are 2 main approaches to the modding - keeping it low res, and making it high res. 3rd approach is 3d models. And yes, It me who goes to the other modders, asking em to provide their art so I can make it compatible with dream, and it was NEVER the other way around. Nobody ever made their mod compatible with mine. So that maybe gives another perspective. I also think you over-dramatize a bit with your statements of "making other mods worthy" etc. Some ppl just prefer the game to be HD. And they will never play the pixelated 64pixel version. So its natural they wish other mods are compatible. You cant say their view is flawed, its how they want to play the game, and it IS a standard to them. That brings us to the start - the current 3 approaches to modding. Everyone can chose their poison :) I just created my DREAM - my personal vision of the game - rest is mumbling around it :D And I appreciate the discussion, dont get me wrong.

PS: you can use DREAM in a retro mode, than its compatible with all low res mods. It looks great in 640*480

nicksta1310

Post by nicksta1310 »

I also appreciate the discussion and I admit that my rhetoric near the end was a bit over-dramatic.