KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Izendel

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by Izendel »

Found some bugs in game and it looks like they are related with DREAM. All bugs are in dimensions of textures: male leather chausses are too large, female bikini shorts are too small. Also, one of the dark elf female heads does not have neck.
Attachments
BUG strings.jpg
BUG strings.jpg (964.25 KiB) Viewed 1187 times
BUG head dark elf.jpg
BUG head dark elf.jpg (901.66 KiB) Viewed 1187 times
BUG Chausses.jpg
BUG Chausses.jpg (924.67 KiB) Viewed 1187 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Found some bugs
Thanks for a report, all these are already solved in a 2020/R3 which I will release when its ready.
The last image - I had such a report already and it was caused by a wrong instalation of the game. The person used his decades old install from the original. Please, make sure you use these files from DFWorkshop for maximum compatibility:
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=down ... lF3dHNUNTQ

Also, you asked about cutting out the armors...
If you might be willing to do that, I will provide you with the images. I still think it might be best for me to upsale them before sending em to you. So if you interested, let me know pls.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Ive decided to change compression from DXT5 to BC7 and I think I see some improvements in graphics, a bit more sharp and detailed MAYBE... but damn the PC is being tortured. I dont know why, but it recounts the textures for each OS... so that accounts to cca 8 hours of my 12 thread 4ghz ryzen workload.

Baler

Post by Baler »

KoW what kind of monitor do you work with?
This can also affect image quality for things like color.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Baler wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:05 am KoW what kind of monitor do you work with?
This can also affect image quality for things like color.
Are my colors off? :)

I have very old monitor, my 1st LCD. But it works nicely
Samsung SyncMaster 2493hm

Its interresting that I was given another SyncMaster, which now sits below my desk... its 26 inches (so 2 more than the one Im using) and the rest should be the same. But no, the colors were just dreadful compared to mine.

Also, these monitors have 1920*1200 resolution, so its 16:10 instead of 16:9... I cant go to 16:9 after this monitor, I just dont want my image viewrange cut at top and at bottom. Plus 1920*1200 is EXACTLY 6times 320x200... so its nice for daggerfall and old stuff like this

Anyway... this is a old monitor, but I dont dispose of things which work, especially when they work for so long, without any dead pixel, issue etc.

Izendel

Post by Izendel »

I start to adopt materials made by sitrus into the game.
These two textures were processed and tested in game. I think, they look better than existing DREAM textures.
182_45-0.png
182_45-0.png (570.83 KiB) Viewed 1046 times
097_13-0.png
097_13-0.png (444.93 KiB) Viewed 1046 times
The full list of textures, which were replaced:
097_13-0
097_16-0
097_17-0
182_45-0
186_46-0
334_10-0

Link to archive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Izendel

Post by Izendel »

I want to replace another two textures:
186_19-0.PNG
186_19-0.PNG (3.61 KiB) Viewed 1045 times
186_33-0.PNG
186_33-0.PNG (6.28 KiB) Viewed 1045 times
BUT I can't find them in game for testing :?
Maybe someone can point me locations with these NPC?

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Izendel wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:59 am I want to replace another two textures:
186_19-0.PNG
186_33-0.PNG

BUT I can't find them in game for testing :?
Maybe someone can point me locations with these NPC?
The only issue with the standing lady is, he made new face, but the portrait when you speak with her is not fitting.
But honestly, I like the lady in my mod. Its not like she is bad, and I might just keep it, because she is more true to the original as her face is 100% based on Daggerfall assets. I know his sprite is a bit better in some aspects. But would require to get rid of the original portrait and make a new one based on this new face... And I dont really enjoy discarting original art from the game, when not necessary. I might use his body, and original face tho... ,maybe
01.png
01.png (1.07 MiB) Viewed 1007 times
The statue is good and I will use one variant of it. I decided to not use all color variants, because they existu just because Bethesda did not have time to create actual different statues, so they just switched the color pallete. I have that time. So I created tons of new statues for 2020/R3 and they are based on the VIP NPCs etc. I also remade all the MOBs statues, based on the high res AI upscalled sprites of the actual DREAM MOBs.

097_15-0.png
097_15-0.png (433.54 KiB) Viewed 1007 times

The sitting guy... he has 2 variants.
One is Prince Lhotun, you can find him when you enter castle Sentinel, sitting to the right, with the little girl and a guy playing a flute to the snakes... in a corner.

Another variant you can see around the world I believe. In DREAM, I made em both look different a bit, so you dont meet same sprite as a prince around in some cottage...

Anyway, the naming is wrong, so you need to rename that file to
357_7-0 (Thats the prince in the sentinel I believe)
182_18_0 (thats the generic variant)

Sitting naked lady:
correct naming:
182_32-0

And Ive never met her :X

But she has a statue.
097_12-0

So if you meet that statue in the world, and swap it with the NPC you might actually see her.

Izendel

Post by Izendel »

King of Worms wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:28 pm Another variant you can see around the world I believe. In DREAM, I made em both look different a bit, so you dont meet same sprite as a prince around in some cottage...

So if you meet that statue in the world, and swap it with the NPC you might actually see her.
I saw this statue in one of temples... Maybe Dibella. Ok, I'll replace the statue and test it. Maybe she alive is in Mannimarco's Lair? As I remember, there were some naked people, but I can't check it because I don't have save file with appropriate main quest stage.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

She is not there, just some semi-naked dancers...

So

HAS ANYONE SEEN HERE ANYWHERE? :D (NSFW)
Im quite sure she is not used in the game, and that sould really change.
All unused art should be placed in the game, and god knows theres a lot.
I have a folder full of unused art :X
Spoiler!
182_32-0.png
182_32-0.png (1.07 MiB) Viewed 997 times