Combat Overhaul Alpha

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
SAinTIdiVAca

Re: Combat Overhaul Alpha

Post by SAinTIdiVAca »

l3lessed wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:05 am As explained in previous posts, this is not currently in mod form. I began this project 2 years ago as more of a proof of concept. In order to do the changes I wanted, when I created this, I modified the base script files. Meaning, this is a completely seperate branch of DFU.

You must download the github, load it into unity editor, and play it there or compile it yourself.

In the long run, I am almost certain the features/coding done for Combat Overhaul Alpha will transition over to a stand alone mod file, now that I rebuilt the whole FPS render system for my Ambidexterity mod. Once I release ambidexterity mod version 1, I will move the features created in this older branch into the newer ambidexterity mod.
...unity editor you say? ... Is that hard to do?

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

you don't need this anymore. I was able to get this into complete mod format by rebuilding much of the scripts and combat and FPS rendering code from scratch and overriding most the base fps rendering and combat scripts and code in the game engine upon mod launch.

You can find the MOD extension of this that requires not use of the editor under the ambidexterity module here: viewtopic.php?t=3948

If you want to mess with the mod source files themselves, they are hosted on my hitgub and can easily be imported into the unity editor to see the code and do what you wish to it. Only thing is to ensure to give proper credit to me and the my source mod, if you use any code or anything from my mod github.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

SAinTIdiVAca

Post by SAinTIdiVAca »

Oh man I don't have nearly the coding skills to do any of that. The mod just sounds bad ass l wanna try it out. Thanks!