Dungeons/quests not leveled appropriately?

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Fish11

Dungeons/quests not leveled appropriately?

Post by Fish11 »

First, DF Unity is amazing. I just discovered it. Thank you all.

Second, I'm dying too frequently and am unsure if there is a scaling issue with the NPCs/dungeons, or what's going on.

I played the original game extensively so I am familiar with the game mechanics. However, I died more than a dozen times just making it out of Privateer's Hold. The imp in the first room one-shot me multiple times with strength at 60 and Will at 55. The first random work quest I was given as a level 2 was to earn the Chrysamere in a dungeon filled with Daedra. The dungeon for the first quest from the mages guild (again with a level 2 character) was filled with werewolves that killed me in two hits.

I don't remember the game being this hard. I did increase the difficulty bar *slightly* during character creation (maybe up to 12 points per level instead of the usual 9 or 10) but I always did that when playing previously. I don't think my stats or skills are inappropriate. Is there a chance this is a bug?

Jay_H

Re: Dungeons/quests not leveled appropriately?

Post by Jay_H »

Welcome to the forums :)

Though uncommon, your experience is not too unusual. Werewolves can appear from the earliest levels. The Chrysamere quest only requires 1 reputation with Merchants to receive it. The imp is using spells with the same power as in classic. I'd say keep going. Not all your experiences are going to be like that.

Fish11

Re: Dungeons/quests not leveled appropriately?

Post by Fish11 »

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate the guidance. I cannot say enough good things about this game and the community here that's supporting it. If I had even a modicum of relevant skills I would offer to help; unfortunately that's not the case. Thanks to all for your efforts.