Auto-attack when keeping RMB pressed

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Ralzar

Auto-attack when keeping RMB pressed

Post by Ralzar »

Having played DFU for a few weeks I am getting on my wifes nerves with the constant clicking during combat.
Is it possible to set the RMB to just spam clicks when pressed?

hello

Re: Auto-attack when keeping RMB pressed

Post by hello »

you could use a 3rd party software for this. i use a german language one.. so giving you the name of it probably won't help you very much. it's particularly helpful for mass selling items ;) keep in mind though: you will probably want to use a different key for spam clicking than RMB, because you won't really be able to control the dungeon map very well. maybe space bar could work well and have jump bound to some other key

DeltaOfPie

Post by DeltaOfPie »

You could add a "strategic component" to it, where you would click "right + RMB" for a certain strike and depending on the skill you could, dodge and counter to the right...
Soul Calibur style, where you catch certain attacks with "grab" button or "counter button".... I think this kind of fighting is better suited for "role playing skills"... where "hitting" is actually not a skill matter like in CS:GO or something....

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Just discovered that my mouse had software available online for setting up macros. Just set RMB to spam if I kept it pressed.

It's SO nice to not have to spam click :D

So, even though I solved it for my own part, it could be a handy QOL setting for the game. <is RMB used for anything other than attacks? Turning the dungeon map? Maybe that could be rebound to something like middle mouse button? I feel most gamers use mouses with more than two buttons these days.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

why rebind? just don't use right mouse then when in map window and just use the buttons in the bottom part or the keyboard hotkeys to rotate ;)

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

You could add a "strategic component" to it, where you would click "right + RMB" for a certain strike and depending on the skill you could, dodge and counter to the right...
Soul Calibur style, where you catch certain attacks with "grab" button or "counter button".... I think this kind of fighting is better suited for "role playing skills"... where "hitting" is actually not a skill matter like in CS:GO or something....
This isn't the right thread for this.

Check my combat overhaul mod post in the creators corner. This is already being discussed heavily. I have already put in directional attacks based on strafe key directions + RMB. I plan on adding some form of a parry system, but probably won't be in depth as Soul caliber because of engine limits. We would need hi-poly enemy models with hi frame 3d attack animations for each attack type, so the player could even tell what attack to parry.

God though, was Soul Caliber 3 the best fighting game I ever played to this date. So in-depth, so many options, and so many great duels with my friends I remember.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.