[SOLVED] I'm having some issues hitting enemies after updating to 0.10.9

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Leeux

[SOLVED] I'm having some issues hitting enemies after updating to 0.10.9

Post by Leeux »

Character Level 24, using Ebony weapons (Dai Katana or Wakizashi) with Long Blade skill of 93 and Short Blade skill of 80, STR and AGI at 100.

I noticed it first during Direnni Tower while tracking a temple quest target (first dungeon I did tonight and yeah, I grabbed a quest from the Temple in one of Balfiera's cities while I was waiting for the time to pass for Medora's quest and the quest took me to Direnni Tower as destination too) and now I'm at Lysandus Tomb and I'm having the same issue again.

Thing is, is not constant and doesn't always happens... both times, first at Direnni and now in this dungeon, I wasn't having a problem and everything was normal... but after some time roaming around, I started having the issues... what I notice is that I can't hit enemies at all, or at most 1 hit every 10 to 20 swings, and I have to resort to use magic to kill them. That happens with both weapon types, I even tried with Hand to Hand and the same happens, but my H2H skill is rubbish, so I can't take that test into account.

Not sure if it's the geometry of some areas interfering, or what else... I'll attach a have where I'm standing in front of a Vampire swinging like a mad man and I'm not able to get a hit at all. Is there any way to see hit rolls or modifiers in game?

Last time it happened I restarted the game and that seemed to solve the issue for a while, perhaps it's something that's happening after a long while of the game running? So it may be the case that when testing for anyone that loads the save needs a while to get the issue again, that would make it difficult to track and reproduce :/

As for mods, I'm using a lot of them (is there a way to generate a list from inside the game?), I've attached the Mods.json file that contains the list of mods that the game sees... I think. Also, I upgraded most mods that I could to their latest versions, unless I missed some... but I'd guess is something borked on my character rather than a mod's doing, but I can't be sure :/

I recorded a short video of the issue showing while I was fighting a Vampire (a different one than the one in the Save I attached...) and a second short video because I forgot to show the combat stats in the first one :oops:
Spoiler!
Best regards to all!

EDIT: typo
EDIT2: edited title to signal that the issue is solved for me!
Attachments
Mods.7z
(757 Bytes) Downloaded 70 times
SAVE124.7z
(363.1 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
Last edited by Leeux on Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Interkarma

Re: I'm having some issues hitting enemies after updating to 0.10.9

Post by Interkarma »

Weapon sphere collider has been reduced from 0.3 to 0.2 so that attacks can strike through cage bars. This means you need to be a bit more accurate when attacking enemies from 0.10.9 and ensure crosshair is more over their centre of mass (not slightly off to one side).

I'm listening to feedback on this and can retune as necessary.

I also have a fallback plan if feedback is mostly negative. :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Having posted that I have an idea how that change could have created another specific problem. I'll check and drop new builds if that's what I find.

Edit: Yep, I'm pretty sure I've found the problem. Oversight on my part as usual. I'm running new builds now as combat is pretty important.

Leeux

Post by Leeux »

Heys, sorry for the late reply! Went to bed after writing my post :)
Interkarma wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:58 am Edit: Yep, I'm pretty sure I've found the problem. Oversight on my part as usual. I'm running new builds now as combat is pretty important.
Awesome! I was going to say that I might need to be more careful with my aiming and try to be precise, but perhaps there's something else at work! :) Looking forward to the new build, I'm almost at the end of the main quest, which is a first time for me! I'm gonna upgrade the install ASAP, and report back as soon as I can!

Thank you so much, Interkarma \o/

Leeux

Post by Leeux »

Thanks again for the quick fix... I've been playing all the afternoon and game's back to normal on my end, didn't have any issues hitting stuff at all! Did Woodborne Hall in full (almost) with no issues.

Interkarma

Re: [SOLVED] I'm having some issues hitting enemies after updating to 0.10.9

Post by Interkarma »

Awesome, thanks for letting me know. :)

pango

Post by pango »

Change in SphereCast radius for touch does not help with some quest items: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3047
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

The two will be unrelated, Pango. The change in SphereCast radius was for weapon attacks. Player activation of objects is, and has always been, a simple raycast.

pango

Post by pango »

Ninja'd, I just wrote about that in the other thread!
Curious things happening...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart