[Mod] Taverns Redone

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: [Mod] Taverns Redone

Post by King of Worms »

As long as its the same as in original its good, I just noticed - and I can be wrong - that some of those vanished. I liked the one sitting at the fireplace in the back room for example. Also, its not really "just because", more like - they are not used anywhere else and dont really fit in other places but inns - I just wanted these NPCs to be present in game and not lost, thats all. Your mod, your decisions.

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

New version released: 0.17!

50% of the taverns are now done! Yeah! :D

All the new taverns can be found in Eastwick in Daggerfall.

See first page for more info
Tavern.jpg
Tavern.jpg (412.83 KiB) Viewed 5056 times

Baler

Post by Baler »

Looking good! keep up the great work!

Some other building types are starting to feel empty in comparison ;)

Also this mod is in the top 10 ranked DFU mods on Nexus, That's really impressive to be honest!!

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

Hey is it possible to add variety to the taverns themselves, meaning, there are upper class and lower class taverns or something like that.

A lower class tavern is messy, has animals inside, has bad food, is not expensive but still a ripoff. You could have a high chance of getting pickpocketed or mugged (thief spawns?)

Upper class would be nicer of course, nice food with a variety to choose from, cleaning staff, locked doors so no thieves and included in the rather hefty price is a refill of your waterskin, mending of your clothing, and some food for the road. (or whatever would make it worthwhile)

This is likely a separate idea but a light version could be implemented in this mod. Obviously there would need to be a way to identify them, could just be what the outside of the building looks like (animals again for low class and a doorman for upper class)

also this:
viewtopic.php?t=3775

DunnyOfPenwick

Post by DunnyOfPenwick »

Is this mod no longer under active development?
This is probably where the Rats! code I posted should go.

Is anyone else working on building-interior mods?

Daniel87

Post by Daniel87 »

Seems the mod died. It's a pity, he has done some amazing work here! 50% is still better than nothing :)
In Julianos we Trust.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Daniel87 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:33 am Seems the mod died. It's a pity, he has done some amazing work here! 50% is still better than nothing :)
He occasionally returns when you least expect it. Happened few times already. But this time, it seems you might be right. Someone will pick up the torch eventually I hope. Also, yes, 50% is better than nothing :)

Daniel87

Post by Daniel87 »

King of Worms wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:47 pm
Daniel87 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:33 am Seems the mod died. It's a pity, he has done some amazing work here! 50% is still better than nothing :)
He occasionally returns when you least expect it. Happened few times already. But this time, it seems you might be right. Someone will pick up the torch eventually I hope. Also, yes, 50% is better than nothing :)
KoW, do you know if his github for the mod is publicly available somehwere?
In Julianos we Trust.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I don know and dont think so :/ If you want to, you can decompress the DFMOD somehow. I know its possible, because ppl take my work from my DFMODs all the time and dont even bother to ask if Im ok with it

bkch233

Post by bkch233 »

King of Worms wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:13 pm I don know and dont think so :/ If you want to, you can decompress the DFMOD somehow. I know its possible, because ppl take my work from my DFMODs all the time and dont even bother to ask if Im ok with it
dfmods are just Unity asset bundle files, you can extract them easily with https://assetripper.github.io/AssetRipper/