Bug: Mage's Guild Quest Completion

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
TechnoWolf

Bug: Mage's Guild Quest Completion

Post by TechnoWolf »

Hello, I've discovered a bug which reminds me of similar problems in the DOS version in which after acquiring a quest item and returning to the Mage's Guild where the quest was issued and interacting with the quest-giver, the quest will not complete. If you wait until expiration of the quest, a dialogue of completion will appear regardless of where you happen to be. The same behavior is occurring in DFUnity with the exception that the quest will not complete after waiting until expiration of the quest. In this case, upon checking inventory for the quest item (a letter in this case) it was still in my inventory. At this point, no interaction was possible with the mage's guild quest-giver until the quest date expires. I allowed the quest to expire and no completion or other dialogue appeared, and the quest item indeed finally disappeared from inventory, interaction was now again finally available. The Mage's Guild in question is in "Midbury" in the Daggerfall region. I'm attaching some screenshots of the inventory view of the "letter" (Catalogue) quest item, and the dialogue which appears when turning this item in. I am using Daggerfall Unity version Alpha 0.10.11.
Attachments
catalogue-quest-turned-in-dialogue.jpg
catalogue-quest-turned-in-dialogue.jpg (124.72 KiB) Viewed 300 times
catalogue-quest-inventory.jpg
catalogue-quest-inventory.jpg (194.21 KiB) Viewed 300 times