I'm being hunted and it's a nuisance [SOLVED]

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Stelcio

I'm being hunted and it's a nuisance [SOLVED]

Post by Stelcio »

OK, so it started somewhere in Wayrest, around the time I got to the part of main quest there, I think before I took the task to visit the The King of Worms. My rest in the tavern got interrupted and I was attacked by two spellswords, a message appeared that said something about killing their leader. Admittedly I didn't pay much attention to it as I thought it wouldn't be that important. That said, since killing them the identical pair of spellswords keeps harassing me every time I rest or, later on, travel via Tedious Travel mod. And it's starting to get on my nerves, because I have absolutely no idea what triggered this, what can I do to stop it and even if it's a legitimate part of gameplay or simply some nasty bug - the former of which I would even tolerate if only I knew what I had to do to stop it.

Any ideas?

Ralzar

Re: I'm being hunted and it's a nuisance

Post by Ralzar »

Well, what does you quest log say?

Spencer45678

Post by Spencer45678 »

Yeah might want to look at the quest log for any info. If there's nothing there then check your inventory for a letter that might have info. Sometimes quests will slip one in your inventory for you to read.
There are three things all wise men fear:

The Sea in Storm

A Night with no Moon

And the Anger of a Gentle Man

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Welcome to the forums :)

Posting a save game would make this much easier, or failing that, a readout of the quest names in the quest debugger (though if you have Warm Ashes installed, it'll probably be too numerous to write).

Stelcio

Post by Stelcio »

Here is my most recent save. The quest debugger doesn't seem to show anything unusual as far as I can tell:
- Curse of Daggerfall
- Mynisera's Letters
- Morgiah's Wedding
- Elysana's Robe
- Quiz Time, Survival (finished)
Attachments
SAVE2.zip
(219.97 KiB) Downloaded 40 times

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Yep, it's definitely Elysana's Robe:
You can fight them off if you wish, but you ultimately cannot prevent the death of the lord. At this point, your task is complete. All that remains is to return to Elysana. However, you will be pursued by legions of Castellian's knights and spellswords, furious at you for your part in their patron's grisly demise. When hit, the first of these will shout one of:

"Death to the traitor that assasinated Lord Castellian!"
"You shall pay for killing my liege lord."
"Assassin! Lord Castellian was the best of men. You shall die for what you did."
Fight or flee, and return to Castle Wayrest.
4x Two Knights every two in-game minutes (50% chance) as soon as Lord Castellian is attacked by the Daedra Seducers
20x Two Spellswords every fifty-three in-game minutes (15% chance) after Lord Castellian was killed by the Daedra Seducers

Stelcio

Post by Stelcio »

Whoa, didn't see that coming. I thought it was just another fedex quest - I delivered the robe and simply left, never knowing the guy got killed.

I really need to pay more attention to whatever pops up during the quests. :oops: Thanks for the help.

Leeux

Post by Leeux »

Do not worry... I think every player has fell into that trap! I know I did that quest too in my first playthrough thinking I was doing a good deed for Wayrest! :oops:

That quest is the reason why everyone avoids Elysana for all time... and also due to the fact that once that quest is done, it also forfeits the chance to do the other quests for Helseth and Barenziah (all of them optional, though... so no harm is ultimately done, but you lose access to some side content.)