[MOD] Climates & Calories

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
emmathepony

Re: [MOD] Climates & Calories

Post by emmathepony »

Zaric Zhakaron is having the exact same issue with not resting after sleeping on his Twitch stream right now.

yabay

Post by yabay »

Last edited by yabay on Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

emmathepony wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:43 am Zaric Zhakaron is having the exact same issue with not resting after sleeping on his Twitch stream right now.
He tried showing it off to me in stream :D

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/751697026?t=4h58m00s

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

yabay wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:22 pm
Ralzar wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:08 pm try just deleting the climates&calories txt file from your savegame.
Does not work. I deleted the climates & calories txt file, resumed the game, made the character tired, went to the hotel, took a room, but the character still does not rest.
Okay, I found the problem.

If you haven't rested in quite a while, the amount of sleep you need is too high compared to how fast resting decreases it. If you rest for a day or two you will stop being sleepy.

I will update C&C later today with a change that makes sleepyness go get reduced much faster if you've hit really high numbers.

yabay

Post by yabay »

Last edited by yabay on Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

yabay wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:33 am
Ralzar wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:15 am If you haven't rested in quite a while, the amount of sleep you need is too high compared to how fast resting decreases it. If you rest for a day or two you will stop being sleepy.
But, in my opinion, this is a normal mechanic - if you have not rest for a long time, then if you please have a good rest after the labors of the righteous. In this version of the mod, the error is that you need to rest for a long time in the tavern (or in tent), but in the wilderness (without tent), voila, 3-6 hours is enough.
Well, it doesn't matter, you are the author, you decide.
Thanks!
Hm, I did not catch that. It's supposed to take more rest to get enough sleep while sleeping on the ground.

yabay

Post by yabay »

Last edited by yabay on Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

yabay

Post by yabay »

Last edited by yabay on Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I have actually been thinking of making "Rations" a lighter item and then make it a stackable item instead. So you can have a stack of 10 ration sacks and eat one per day.

The reason I set it to 0.1 per day is just so it's easy to keep track of how long it will last. The alternative would be 1kg per day, but I thought that was a bit much. And this is not cake, cheese or anything fancy like this. It's more like dried, salted meat, crackers etc. Stuff that lasts a very long time but isn't particularly filling.

yabay

Post by yabay »

Last edited by yabay on Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.