(Bug?) Damage from holy places wont stack?

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Seferoth

(Bug?) Damage from holy places wont stack?

Post by Seferoth »

So enchanting allows multiple damage from holy places to be added to same item, but i noticed that the effect wont actually stack. Means you can create incredible powerful equipment with literally nearly zero effort. You can put like 6 Damage from holy places on each item and yet you still only take 14 damage per 4 in game minutes in a holy place. Can this exploit be fixed?

Edit: I suppose the same goes to damage from sun too.

Interkarma

Re: (Bug?) Damage from holy places wont stack?

Post by Interkarma »

The "User Takes Damage" enchantment does stack. Damage from holy places/sun causes 1 point of damage every 4 rounds. If you have 6 assigned to an equipped item, it will cause 6 damage every 4 rounds.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

What exactly is a round, is it a minute in game? My character has 16 Damage from Holy Places enchantments and i take 15 damage every 4 in game minute, but with 1 Damage from Holy Places i take 6 damage per 4 minutes. Does not add up to me. With this logic i should be taking somewhere around 64 damage per every 4 minutes.
Last edited by Seferoth on Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Yes, one round is a minute in-game, and 5 seconds IRL ;)

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Well, it does not work like that in my game. Its every 4 minutes when i get damage, not every minute, and each Damage from Holy Places do not add the same amount of damage per tick.

Edit: Even if it would be 1 per 4 minutes logic in my game, it's still not working correctly as i have 16 damage from holy places and i only take 15 per 4 minutes.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

1 game minute = 1 magic round. 4 magic rounds is 4 game minutes. The damage of these effects is 1 HP per 4 rounds.

You're going to have other equipment or character advantages that is throwing this out, such as a regen tick (which is +1 health every 4 rounds). Try isolating to just the single enchanted item under controlled conditions. I promise you this is working as intended. :)

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

I have tried to make it work like you said, but it is not. Here is the save file. See if it works correctly for you.
Edit: I took away my regen gear and slept 24 hours. Only damage from holy places are on and the save is front of an temple.
Attachments
SAVE3.zip
(237.9 KiB) Downloaded 65 times

pango

Post by pango »

Seferoth wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:11 pm Well, it does not work like that in my game. Its every 4 minutes when i get damage, not every minute
You take damage every 4 rounds, a round is one minute, so you take damage every 4 minutes.
Only the amount of damage seems off, could you provide a gamesave to help reproduce the issue?
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Well then, it seems i might be an idiot(no surprise there). How much does the Troll's Blood enchant heal? Just noticed that i have that in the same item i have Damage From Holy places. So, both of those null each other out correct? Therefore even if i counted 16 Damage from holy places i only take 15...correct?

Edit: Originally i got confused because i thought the Damage from holy places enchants were the same as in class disadvantage(which would be 12).
Edit2: I still think the enchants damage should be 12 too.
Last edited by Seferoth on Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

You are correct. It was the Troll's Blood enchant that i completely missed. Combine that with my original confusion as i thought it was suppose to be 12 per 4 minutes as in class disadvantage. Is there a way to chance that? I would love that to be 12 per 4 so it would actually feel somewhat severe.

Edit: Also, i apologize for this pointless topic, but its confusing when Daggerfall suddenly changes its own rules while the terms stay the same.
Last edited by Seferoth on Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.