Demotion after successful quest [WORKING AS INTENDED]

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Risy

Demotion after successful quest [WORKING AS INTENDED]

Post by Risy »

I joined to Mages Guild, done some quests, got promoted once, then demoted while I was doing other quests. I used console command for Magician rank (4) to see what kind of quests can I have. I completed a bunch of quests, the last one was to go to find someone and not let necromancers steal her research or something like this. I didn't find any enemy there and when I returned to the Mages Guild the quest was successfully completed (also checked in the debugger), but then I got demoted by two ranks.
Was it the console command? It can break games sometimes... Maybe I'd be Evoker anyway, without the console, I'll see if I can get promoted.
Edit: it was a Research Notes quest.

Hazelnut

Re: Demotion after successful quest

Post by Hazelnut »

Yes it was the console command - it's only intended to make testing the systems quicker and easier... it's not a cheat code. All it does it set your rank. When the next time the guild checks your reputation and skills they will give you the correct rank for your character, in this case a demotion. Nothing broke, everything is working as intended.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Risy

Re: Demotion after successful quest [WORKING AS INTENDED]

Post by Risy »

I see, thanks.
Btw, is there some way to complete "unfinishable" bugged quests or I can only end them?